Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Artec Industries Trusses vs. Dana 44 swaps

Old 02-21-2015, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Artec Industries Trusses vs. Dana 44 swaps

Hey guys looking at doing 35" Tires with a AEV Conversions JK DualSport RS Suspension 3.5"/4.5" (Haven't really decided between the 3.5" or the 4.5"). Been looking into upgrading my differentials, was leaning towards a Front and Rear Dana 44 swap, been looking at Teraflex, G2 Axles and Gears, Dynatrac, etc. But have recently heard about Artec Industries Truss systems for my Dana 30 front and Dana 44 Rear. Was wanting opinion on what would be best because I don't do a lot of off roading only on weekend but will be doing more once i have a list and tires, mainly do trails and mudding but a little bit of rockcrawling.
Thanks
Old 02-21-2015, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

If you have the money go for the swap. But with 35's it's not really necessary. I have the artec trusses for my d30 and d44 with 35's and everything is holding up great. If you are planning on going to 37+ tires in the future though and have the money then go for the axle swap
Old 02-21-2015, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Prophet
Hey guys looking at doing 35" Tires with a AEV Conversions JK DualSport RS Suspension 3.5"/4.5" (Haven't really decided between the 3.5" or the 4.5"). Been looking into upgrading my differentials, was leaning towards a Front and Rear Dana 44 swap, been looking at Teraflex, G2 Axles and Gears, Dynatrac, etc. But have recently heard about Artec Industries Truss systems for my Dana 30 front and Dana 44 Rear. Was wanting opinion on what would be best because I don't do a lot of off roading only on weekend but will be doing more once i have a list and tires, mainly do trails and mudding but a little bit of rockcrawling.
Thanks
Your Dana 30 will hold up fine with 35s & a truss. If you want to upgrade gears though you will want to upgrade your axle. The ring & pinion in the Dana 30 is a lot smaller than that of the Dana 44. Not a big problem until you lose traction then suddenly regain it & strip your gears. You really don't need to upgrade your rear unless you have one of the old X models with the Dana 35 in the rear.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Murder¹
Your Dana 30 will hold up fine with 35s & a truss. If you want to upgrade gears though you will want to upgrade your axle. The ring & pinion in the Dana 30 is a lot smaller than that of the Dana 44. Not a big problem until you lose traction then suddenly regain it & strip your gears. You really don't need to upgrade your rear unless you have one of the old X models with the Dana 35 in the rear.
Was thinking of regearing it and outing locker haven't decided on air lockers or just with e lockers.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:43 AM
Former Vendor

If you are going to push your Jeep to it's limits on the 35's with a D30 in the front make sure you stock pile spare axle shafts. The U-Joint becomes the weak link and if that breaks it can potentially wipe out the shaft. We typically do not recommend upgrading a D30 axle shaft as that then makes the ring and pinion the weak link.

If you can afford it move the front to a D44. If you are doing an aftermarket axle like the PR44 then you don't need to worry about the housing it self, if you find a Rubi D44 then you will want to consider a truss for that.

If you have any questions or want pricing on anything shoot us a PM.

Quick Reply: Artec Industries Trusses vs. Dana 44 swaps