Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention! All Old Man Emu (OME) lift owners!!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention! All Old Man Emu (OME) lift owners!!

I'm getting ready to purchase an OME lift kit and have been researching some last minute advice. It seems like in order to do this I need to get modified bumpstops and new sway bar links for the rear and move the stock rear ones to the front. Did any of you had to do these things and if so do you have (web)links to the one's you purchased or had any other advice regarding the lift??

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You do not "have" to do add these parts as we have sold close to 100 of the lifts and nobody is having any problems. Now if you do want these items we can supply them for you.

David
Old 04-11-2008, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

what about bumpstops for a 2.5 rc budget boost?

I've been worried about the bump stops using rubicon shocks....
Old 04-11-2008, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

According to the tech at OME, any two inch bumpstop should work. He advised this is only necessary with 35" tires.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Bump Stops

Are the factory one's two inches??

Originally Posted by greggradwohl
According to the tech at OME, any two inch bumpstop should work. He advised this is only necessary with 35" tires.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pkess3
Are the factory one's two inches??
I should have said two inch bump stop extensions.

Here is the email response from OME (ARB-USA) where I asked about some 2" bump stop extensions I have:

No problem Greg, yes the Full Traction bump stops should be fine, we've been a little slow getting our bump stop kit to market, but it will be about 2 inches when all is said and done as well. The big thing is that 35's just don't fit into the rear fenders without a couple of inches of bump stop spacer and even then some slight rubbing at the extremes is likely unless trimming is done. It's the compromise required to keep the low center of gravity with the big tires, but I really think it's worth it.

Quick Reply: Attention! All Old Man Emu (OME) lift owners!!