Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep

Old 06-09-2010, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've said it before in another thread and I will say it again here.

Eddie, you have done more to sell New JK Wranglers than any ad campaign. I would not own one if not for this forum and I am sure many others would say the same. I am no fanboy but in my opinion Chrysler should get on their knees and thank you for what you and this forum do not only for raw sales but brand awareness!!! Most of the 1000's of jeep owners on this forum have modified their jeeps. Whenever someone sees a newer modified jeep it stands out and shouts "Look at me I am a Jeep." We are effectively free rolling billboards for mopar. They are idiots!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dadgummit

Eddie, you have done more to sell New JK Wranglers than any ad campaign. I would not own one if not for this forum and I am sure many others would say the same. I am no fanboy but in my opinion Chrysler should get on their knees and thank you for what you and this forum do not only for raw sales but brand awareness!!! Most of the 1000's of jeep owners on this forum have modified their jeeps. Whenever someone sees a newer modified jeep it stands out and shouts "Look at me I am a Jeep." We are effectively free rolling billboards for mopar. They are idiots!
AMEN to that!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

WAYOFLIFE,
I completely understand the anger. I had a 2004 TJ. Purchased from a dealership that installs lift. I had purchased the same lift about 1 years after I bought the jeep. I had an outside company install it for me. Saved me about 1k. 2 years after the lift was installed everything from the transmission back had to be replaced at 25k miles. Dealer stated the other company left out the rear relocation bracket. They didn't even install them on any of there jeep. After weeks with my jeep in parts all over there floor I finally sucked it up and had them just fix it. Figured I would take the installer of the lift to court. Which I lost because I had the "incorrect" people in my defense.
Fast forward just over a year. My rear axel gears end up being all chewed up. Dealer messed up the install. And because this time frame was over the new 1 year warranty this was not covered.
Through all this all I was told if I kept going higher up through Chrysler that voiding my warranty would be the least of my issues. Thankfully that dealer is now one that is closed. $11k on a jeep I no longer have. Thank god for the deal I got on this JK or I would be in something else.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trying not to repeat past threads "too" much, but I think your local TV stations consumer reporter should know about this (we have '5 on Your Side' at channel 5 News in Raleigh, NC) and the BBB, they will respond and follow thru! Good luck and hope all works out to your benefit!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dadgummit

After learning about this forum from BOAT, I promptly joined and after a couple weeks of reading posts and learning about lifts and other modifications I decided to do what I had been thinking about for a while. I traded in my 07 Sahara and got into an 09 Rudicon. It was this forum, its content and members that influenced me to make this move. So in my opinion Chrysler owes the credit of a second JK sale to this forum.

On another note, it would be cool if a poll could be added to this thread to show approx how many people have emailed Chrysler in response to this thread. Either in support of WOL or due to their own misfortunes. Just a thought.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by skibum
The dealer only has this ability because Chrysler allows it. Chrysler is the manufacturer and the entity that provides the warranty, not the dealer. This policy is in place only so that they can do what many of us have experienced........point at each other (dealer and manufacturer) and say, "There's nothing I can do, it's their problem". Wake up people.
No shit, that's the reason they've changed hands so much. They still have too many bad apples in the company that have no idea what customer service is.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Autoblog.xxx

You may want to send this over to Autoblog.xxx as they love this kind of stuff and have been able to help several individuals out with dealership/manufacturer woes just from the sheer volume of publicity the site generates.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default Attitude

Attitude goes a LOOONG way! Did you approach the dealer in a "civil" way, or did you just start demanding they fix your Jeep? Yelling and being rude will not get you anywhere. There are always 2 sides to every story. (or more) We've heard your side. I would like to hear the dealership's side.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Junkie

how about this........

They want in the market, but want to be hypocritical.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ExTankerGuy
Attitude goes a LOOONG way! Did you approach the dealer in a "civil" way, or did you just start demanding they fix your Jeep? Yelling and being rude will not get you anywhere. There are always 2 sides to every story. (or more) We've heard your side. I would like to hear the dealership's side.
I'm sure that's it. Eddie just wasn't civil enough. He went in there yelling and cussing. He deserved what he got.

Quick Reply: ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep