JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   ATTENTION - Chrysler WILL VOID Your Warranty if You Lift Your Jeep (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/attention-chrysler-will-void-your-warranty-if-you-lift-your-jeep-132752/)

VICECIV 06-07-2010 06:02 PM

Man!!! Maybe i should buy another Toyota...lol:thinking:

Pluke the 2 06-07-2010 06:03 PM

Wow. What a bunch of bullshit.

Really, Chrysler, Really? Punks.

For everything this Jeep Community reps, what a bunch of bullshit. Sorry for my language.

wayoflife 06-07-2010 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by sm_rubi (Post 1722304)
Damn that's just pure bullshit! I can't believe they'd behave so unprofessionally. Hopefully that's not a sign of what we can expect of Chrysler in the new Fiat/Chrysler world. :naw: And the evaluation process seems more like the old communist world...unreal!

it really has been crazy BS. in all fairness, i have spoken to very nice and helpful people but, when it came to the real decision makers, they've all been pricks. i still can't believe that the rep for the CEO hung up the phone on me the way she did. honestly, i never lost my cool with her and i remained polite to the bitter end. i'm sure they have me on tape to prove it too. :naw:

Originally Posted by SilverShift (Post 1722309)
Holy shit. Umm wow what an interesting story. On a similar note, I took my Jeep to the dealership to get the idling issue fixed and seeing that I JUST got this back in April and that it's lower than 40k miles, I should have a warranty on it no problem. To my surprise, the warranty expired back in February! Apparently, I only have the Emissions and 'Perforation' warranties still on it. I then spent 98 dollars for a diagnosis and a call to say that it's normal idling. Never going back there again and from here on, doing the work on my own.

Hope this helps. I know wayoflife's story will certainly help!

BTW, what are you gonna do from here on? Since you got to the 'top', you might try again for a different lady?

honestly, not having a warranty is not a big deal for me as i do just about all my own work already anyway. my problem is one of principle and the fact that there are so many of our members that bought their jeep because of the warranty and because they are unable to do a lot of their own work. if this crap can happen to me, it can happen to anyone and that pisses me off.

for now, i will look for someone else to contact and if needed, take this in different directions. really, it shouldn't be this hard.

Originally Posted by Voodoo11 (Post 1722316)
This is really making me think twice about purchasing the extended warranty on my used jeep. I'm sorry to hear about your experience!

in my opinion, it would be a waste to buy an extended warranty.

Dang It Dan 06-07-2010 06:07 PM

I had to lemon-law a Dodge van about eight years ago. Didn't even try to get the dealer to make good on it, I went straight to my lawyer. They seemed to move a bit quicker when a lawyer is involved. I hate that it might come to that, but that seems to be the world we live in these days. I wish Chevy made Jeep.

wayoflife 06-07-2010 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by JK-Tex (Post 1722322)
Pathetic all around. Blade and Mayone (what ever happened to normal names like John or Jenny?) sound like a couple of clueless, defensive idiots. You've probably got a Magnuson-Moss Act claim here, but it wouldn't be worth the effort to fight it. I'd write a letter to the BBB and, especially, your state attorney general. Let them know that Chrysler is denying valid warranty claims to cut costs, and CC Sergio and his crew of morons. Like you, I love my Jeep, but it'll probably be the last Chrysler product I buy. There are hundreds of vehicles someone can buy. Why waste another dollar on these jokers? :naw:

Hell, after hearing all this, I won't even buy another MOPAR accessory or part. Aftermarket all the way from here on out. At least small to mid-sized aftermarket companies still warranty their products! I've seen many forum sponsors PERSONALLY apologize on this board for ONE bad customer service experience. Meanwhile, Chrysler hangs up on you. F**K CHRYSLER.

honestly, i was stunned that i got hung up on the way i did. i guess it just goes to show how much chrysler cares about their customers :naw:

Originally Posted by MADDOGsrfr81 (Post 1722331)
I was just about to fill out a negative survey. Guess I will just toss it out instead..... That really stinks.

Personally, I went to three different jeep dealers to purchase mine. Worse customer service I have ever had. I only bought it at the 3rd dealer because they gave me the price I wanted. It has been a month and I have had to fight for silly things like my mopar bucks parts, spare key and a manual. Heck I am still waiting for my real plate:crazyeyes: and I was transferring my own.....

You think they would instill a little bit of professionalism in a company that is barely holding on(only the wrangler keeping it a float).

i kid you not, do yourself a favor and just file that survey in the trash. you fill it out and there's a really good possibility that it will come back to bite you.

Originally Posted by nukeman (Post 1722337)
I'm not surprised either. I haven't been flagged by Chrysler yet, but I have been by GM for another vehicle I own. Pretty much the same story too, took it in for what I thought was an obvious warranty repair, was basically blown off, and then flagged when I tried to explain my side.

They are so sensitive about those surveys because thats their paycheck on the line. Their bonuses, kickbacks, etc. depend on a stellar survey. Their panties get bunched when were honest.

I wouldn't doubt one bit that Chrysler does the same to me very soon. But I'll be damned if I'm going to buy "run of the mill" vehicles and never mod them. It ain't American!

: usa :

it really is insane and now i understand more than ever why the dealerships work so hard to get you to fill them out. the more positive reviews they get, the more perks they get. however, i now understand that if you give a negative review, it can "dink" them and cause finiancial hardship. the only problem is, they can hurt you too :naw:

wayoflife 06-07-2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by VICECIV (Post 1722343)
Man!!! Maybe i should buy another Toyota...lol:thinking:

LOL!! i don't know if i'd go that far.... well, maybe if it were an FJ40 or 80's SR5 :D

seriously though, this whole thing is no big deal if you never plan on using your warranty but, for those out there who bought their JK with the understanding they had a LIFETIME WARRANTY, this whole this is total BS.

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2 (Post 1722344)
Wow. What a bunch of bullshit.

Really, Chrysler, Really? Punks.

For everything this Jeep Community reps, what a bunch of bullshit. Sorry for my language.

yeah, if you can believe it, chrysler - really :naw:

Originally Posted by Dang It Dan (Post 1722353)
I had to lemon-law a Dodge van about eight years ago. Didn't even try to get the dealer to make good on it, I went straight to my lawyer. They seemed to move a bit quicker when a lawyer is involved. I hate that it might come to that, but that seems to be the world we live in these days. I wish Chevy made Jeep.

oh, i'm sure that would make a difference but i find it so frustrating to think that's the only way anything can get done.

sbcracer 06-07-2010 06:15 PM

sema

i think i read somewhere that SEMA will help in cases where after market parts voids a warranty :thinking:

feroxjb 06-07-2010 06:18 PM

That really sucks. If there was some way that they could realize that 30K users of this forum see this.. they may reconsider their opinion... What was his email address? =) I'll happily email him.

EarlyJk 06-07-2010 06:23 PM

Wow...just wow

And they wonder why all the American car companies are bankrupt. Half the people working on the Jeeps in the dealership don't know what they are doing anyway....And now I know why they offered LIFETIME warranty, cause they knew they would void them...F U C K OFF :mad:

wayoflife 06-07-2010 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by sbcracer (Post 1722374)
i think i read somewhere that SEMA will help in cases where after market parts voids a warranty :thinking:

i've heard of something like that before and sure would like to see if they can take on chrysler any better. certainly, i'd be willing to be they have better access to the people who count. you'd be surprised at how hard it is to find information on who to contact. :naw:

Originally Posted by feroxjb (Post 1722381)
That really sucks. If there was some way that they could realize that 30K users of this forum see this.. they may reconsider their opinion... What was his email address? =) I'll happily email him.

sure, what do i care being that they hung up on me. from what i have found, this guy answers for both Sergio Marchionne, CEO and C. Robert Kidder, Chairman of the Board:

gualberto.ranieri@chrysler.com