Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention diablosport users !! …

Old 08-20-2014, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Attention diablosport users !! …

DO NOT update to the latest crom file v.1r12a !!

I did and my AC stopped working right after.
Error U1113 was logged and impossible to clear.

Diagnosed @ the dealership : U1113 = lost communication with AC pressure switch.

Disconnecting battery doesn't work and returning the JK to the factory tune doesn't change anything either.

I finally had to take it to the dealership where everything was checked.
Everything mechanical and electrical checks out… including the AC pressure switch.

Last resort was a reflash …. But a reflash didn't work either … The communication module between the PCM and the AC is fried.

Dealership will replace the PCM under warranty.

Diablosport folks are at a loss …

The very same thing happened to a friend in Denver / Co (a veteran Jeeper and prob a member here too)

Please feel free to read all the details on the forums of Diablosport website under the "Trinity Dodge Gas" section .

Our Jeeps are 2012 JKs - 3.6L Pentastar - Auto.

With the frantic urge to be the 1st to release compatible tunes for 2011 - 2012 - 13 & 14 and claim 1st rights over competitors,
DS tunes and updates have been plagued with bugs … almost ALL the time. From losing the compass on dash to compass AND the temp … to lost audio steering control and an erratic rear wiper that never stops where it's supposed to etc…etc…
Nevertheless, I was willing to live with these bloopers given the added features and all. But to fry the PCM ??? Oh no no no sir !! They've definitely gone way beyond the permissible.

Last edited by desertbuzz; 08-20-2014 at 07:11 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by desertbuzz
DO NOT update to the latest crom file v.1r12a !! I did and my AC stopped working right after. Error U1113 was logged and impossible to clear. Diagnosed @ the dealership : U1113 = lost communication with AC pressure switch. Disconnecting battery doesn't work and returning the JK to the factory tune doesn't change anything either. I finally had to take it to the dealership where everything was checked. Everything mechanical and electrical checks out… including the AC pressure switch. Last resort was a reflash …. But a reflash didn't work either … The communication module between the PCM and the AC is fried. Dealership will replace the PCM under warranty. Diablosport folks are at a loss … The very same thing happened to a friend in Denver / Co (a veteran Jeeper and prob a member here too) Please feel free to read all the details on the forums of Diablosport website under the "Trinity Dodge Gas" section . Our Jeeps are 2012 JKs - 3.6L Pentastar - Auto. With the frantic urge to be the 1st to release compatible tunes for 2011 - 2012 - 13 & 14 and claim 1st rights over competitors, DS tunes and updates have been plagued with bugs … almost ALL the time. From losing the compass on dash to compass AND the temp … to lost audio steering control and an erratic rear wiper that never stops where it's supposed to etc…etc… Nevertheless, I was willing to live with these bloopers given the added features and all. But to fry the PCM ??? Oh no no no sir !! They've definitely gone way beyond the permissible.

I believe there is a new tune out. I had some problems with my jeep going into limp mode and ac not working and took it into dealership after removing tune. Pcm was fine and they replaced some ac parts and flashed the PCM to the latest jeep updates. They never had an explanation for the limp mode so that coulld of been tune related. Got it back reinstalled tune (I believe v.1r12a is an old tune) and all has been well except the stereo doesn't turn off and sound comes and goes, but it is after market radio installed by bestbuy and I need to look st how they installed it to make sure the plugs didn't come lose or they didn't use can bus for power. But glad u posted this. Going to ret to stock and see if that fixes my radio issues. That being said diablo is the only tunner out that allows for custom tunes and the can tunes are pig rich by diablo and everyone else because the last thing a tunner wants is the publicity go blowing up motors. It happened years ago on the lightnings. I think there is still a lot of performance that can be had with a custom tune. I know jeeps are not hot rods so most people are not concerened with performance of more hp. I might pick up a cheap wideband and do some data logging. I can tell by the smell of the cats when I had carpet and drain plugs out that was pig rich. Also did some data logging with the tq app and pulled a spark plug and that supports the tens being pig rich. The challenger/charger with same motor has 40 more hp. I know it has diff heads,but I don't see diff stock heads producing an extra 40 hp. I am going to fab a catch can bracket add a catch can, see if one of the good tuners will work on custom tune for jk. I have been using tuners since they first came out on several different hot rods and going from canned tune to a custom tune with good data logging produced a huge differance. I am going to check with johna and hemi tunner to get their thoughts. I prefer sct for tuning but they don't support jk yet.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Learo2000GT ... v.1r12a IS the latest update for Jeeps on the DS Trinity (released Aug 12th)
Old 08-21-2014, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh. I have not installed that tune. Going to hold up. Thanks for the heads up. Mine is a 12 but not taking any chances. Thanks for heads up
The following users liked this post:
desertbuzz (08-27-2018)
Old 08-25-2014, 01:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

On Aug 22nd, Diablosport just released yet ANOTHER update after the commotion that we've created regarding the issue with the crom file v.1r12a …. The new one is v.1r12c.
However you'll understand that I'm unwilling to be a beta tester given that the previous update cost me a new PCM !!

Last edited by desertbuzz; 08-25-2014 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default UPDATE ON THE ISSUE : Diagnosis & Solution

The problem caused by the DS was NOT with the PCM. It was with the TIPM configuration. The Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) is a lot more than JUST a fuse box as it appears to be. It is responsible for a lot of the power switching/modulation/distribution, and communications with the PCM & other systems in the JK electrical system. Basically, the TIPM is another computer, with printed circuits, integrated circuits, relays, modulators, microchips and fuses.
The DS messed up the configuration and caused the TIPM to diagnose malfunctions for accessories JKs don't even have (our TIPM is the same installed on several other Chrysler vehicles).
Because the configured information became corrupted, the correct data had be obtained online from the DealerConnect or from another JK of the same production year. As soon as this was performed, everything works perfectly as it was when stock:
* Compass is back
* Audio Steering Controls are back
* Rear Wiper parks itself where it should
* AC is back

After discussing with DS Tech Assist, apparently loading up tunes is safe as long as we don't play with the quick adjust parameters : tire/gear ratio/tpms/axle locker/sway bar, etc...

At least for now, and at least this is according to them.

Cheers,
Old 09-14-2014, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had these symptoms as well. Diablosport said they would not cover the cost to reset my 2011 Jeep's BCM. The dealer wanted to play rip the customer off and charge me 4-5 hours testing time to see what the problem was. I found a small auto shop that would reset my BCM quickly. $120 and 30 minutes later, all is back to normal. However I now have a $500 paperweight as I cannot trust the Diablosport unit any longer.

--edit--- There is a new version out now. 1.13a. I have tried this in the JK and it seems to work ok. Didn't brick my BCM this time. I did not use the quick adjust settings but I did use the modify tune for wheel size and throttle control before loading the engine tune.

Last edited by CBrNoMore; 09-16-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2012 unlimited rubicon. Got the diablo t1000 as a Christmas gift. Installed diablos tune and it worked for about 30 seconds then went into limp mode. Long story short I uninstalled my diablo tune and reinstalled my backup tune. Now I have real issues. According to my scanner the codes P7033, & P7034 witch are (3rd & 4th incorrect gear ratio in the trans). Now as I drive down the road it will go 1st, 2nd, 3rd and get hung up in that gear. I'll have to shift to neutral, then back to drive, were it will then shift to 4th stay there for about 2 seconds and shift right to 5th. I'll have to repeat as many times driving down the road. Absolutely sh*tty!

Sent from my thread killing iPhone
Old 08-26-2018, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I’m going to revive this old thread instead of starting a new one. 2012 JKUR I purchased a new Diablo Sport Trinity as soon as they were released back in 2012 from a member here. Its worked ok up until yesterday. I have some recalls and an ABS light issue so I planned to drop it off at the dealership this week. Serial 6M5JAA1-2 Part diablo_dcx_gas. Version: v.1r13i. I uninstalled the programmer and figured I'd do the updates etc to it in preparation. Now my compass isn't working, and more importantly here in South Louisiana, NO A/C!!! Can anyone give any current insight to this? I found some older threads but no one offered a true fix for this issue besides buying a new pcm? Thanks in advance. Forgot to mention the Trouble Code is U1113 Air intake temperature circuit (L/C) open/short. And it won’t clear.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elmo4x4
I’m going to revive this old thread instead of starting a new one. 2012 JKUR I purchased a new Diablo Sport Trinity as soon as they were released back in 2012 from a member here. Its worked ok up until yesterday. I have some recalls and an ABS light issue so I planned to drop it off at the dealership this week. Serial 6M5JAA1-2 Part diablo_dcx_gas. Version: v.1r13i. I uninstalled the programmer and figured I'd do the updates etc to it in preparation. Now my compass isn't working, and more importantly here in South Louisiana, NO A/C!!! Can anyone give any current insight to this? I found some older threads but no one offered a true fix for this issue besides buying a new pcm? Thanks in advance. Forgot to mention the Trouble Code is U1113 Air intake temperature circuit (L/C) open/short. And it won’t clear.
I've written much more back then on the solution on Diablosport's own forum .... (can't find the link now)
But to sum it up ... it was NOT a fault in the PCM .... and the solution offered back then by the dealership to replace it under warranty would NOT have worked.
The problem was in the TIPM (aka the fuse box) ... The TIPM has its' own software and THIS is what the diablo update messed up.
SOLUTION (worked) : Removed my own TIPM and installed a friend's TIPM (has to be exactly same year model) ... Started the Jeep ... It relearned the software.
reinstalled my own TIPM .... Problem solved !
Good luck !

Quick Reply: Attention diablosport users !! …