Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Trans won’t Manually Shift. 2012

Old 11-05-2017, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have any emails, pms, posts or vms that refer to 373?
Old 11-06-2017, 12:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kejtar
Do you have any emails, pms, posts or vms that refer to 373?
I’m sure his original post on FB that I commented on and asked if they were 3.73 or 3.21 is down, I have FB messages and texts still. I don’t have the time nor money to take the guy to small claims court. That stuff doesn’t ever pan out anyway.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jadmt
well unless you really are a prick not sure how he can make you out to be the prick to your local jeep club unless of course your local jeep club is also a bunch of pricks and who would want to belong to club full of pricks. Take him to small claims court make him uncomfortable to say the least.
Oh trust me I can be the biggest prick you ever dreamt of, as long as I am provoked to be such. I am the nicest guy you’ll ever know, unless you wrong me, in which case I can be your worst nightmare if it means that much to me.

The thing is, he is claiming ignorance..and for me to say that he did it maliciously, and be all angry and accusatory about it, would make me look like the asshole, because all he has to do play the “poor me I didn’t know” card. And who are people going to believe? A 4 year (yeah minimum service requirement I know but still) AF vet business owner, or a 26yo accusing him of lying?
Old 11-06-2017, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gnarly_mike
I’m sure his original post on FB that I commented on and asked if they were 3.73 or 3.21 is down, I have FB messages and texts still. I don’t have the time nor money to take the guy to small claims court. That stuff doesn’t ever pan out anyway.
Was that part of a club forum of sorts? Bring that post up as peer pressure often helps.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Have you asked him to make it right? Seems pretty simple. Also don't take this wrong but if you want resolution you need to take the steps to get it resolved busy or not. If you have proof he said they were 3.73 then club members will understand your side unless they have seen something in you that they don't trust or like. Same for him.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:07 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Life is too short. It's a shitty situation, but just make the best of it and chalk it up to a bad experience to learn from. On the bright side, it's not your end game. The jeep is driveable and you can build your axles still....and eventually you will be on those and happy as a lark. You can sell these for something at least at that time. It's not ideal, and I'd be pissed just like you......both at myself for not verifying, and someone else for selling me that, but people in general suck. At least you didn't buy these axles as the end game plan for your jeep. They are just a bandaid.

Quick Reply: Auto Trans won’t Manually Shift. 2012