Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Axles. I want the serious off roaders opinions.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axles. I want the serious off roaders opinions.

Looking to replace Front D30 for heavy duty D44 complete axle system with ARB lockers for sure, and possibly my D44 rear with D60 system. I am just looking for honest, unbiased/non-sponsored opinion for the best complete axle system for your money.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

I have the front dynatrac pro rock 44 unlimited!! That thing is BA!! But wait there's more!! It's complete with RCV axle shafts and pro steer ball joints!! But wait there's even more!! It also has the spyntec hub conversion kit!! So yeah it's pretty awesome
Old 11-23-2011, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

Oh and for the rear can't go wrong with the dynatrac 60! But there is also the currie rock jock 60 and I believe teraflex has a rear 60 for the jk
Old 11-23-2011, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

What size tires? What gears? What kind of wheeling? Plans to change motors?
Old 11-23-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spedly
What size tires? What gears? What kind of wheeling? Plans to change motors?
It's gonna run 38" tires on 17" rims. Want to buy a complete system so i will order it with ARB lockers and 5.38 gearing. Keeping engine stock but will one day ripp/modify it in some way. I want it to be CAPABLE(not gonna do it ALL that often) of running difficult trails like the bullfrog.

I know everyone on here has a HUGE hard-on for Dyna and for good reason...its the best. But didnt know if there were comparable systems that I could go with and save significant cash. Dont get me wrong I dont want to buy a piece of crap to save a grand but if its comparable I also dont want to buy a name and blow a grand!
Old 11-23-2011, 04:43 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

For a complete d44 front, the PR44 'unlimited' is the one you want. Tera just released their own front 44, but I think it is a bare housing only, and they do not offer a caster corrected version yet. If you are not buying for a few months, keep an eye on developments from Tera. (people are also asking about the G2 front 44, but it is not available for the JK yet.)

For the rear, Dyna, Tera, Mopar, Currie, G2 (which uses the currie housing), probably a few others. I haven't look into the differences between them, but a quick search should get some good info. Any of them would probably be a much better way to go than adding a super44 to the rear + gears + housing upgrades.

Quick Reply: Axles. I want the serious off roaders opinions.