JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Banging somwhere under floorboards/ Dash (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/banging-somwhere-under-floorboards-dash-327881/)

LifeAsRob 11-09-2015 07:08 AM

Banging somwhere under floorboards/ Dash

so guys when im driving I can feel a banging under my feet not that loud but it must either be a some kind of steering or suspension component loose or on its way out I took a look but in not quite sure. another nto I have some weird noise coming from ym dash like a coil jingling in there. how do I get the dash off to find out what it is?

brian1967graham 11-09-2015 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by LifeAsRob (Post 4158686)
so guys when im driving I can feel a banging under my feet not that loud but it must either be a some kind of steering or suspension component loose or on its way out I took a look but in not quite sure. another nto I have some weird noise coming from ym dash like a coil jingling in there. how do I get the dash off to find out what it is?

This is going to sound crazy but I had the same issue and it was due to my trektop being folded back and bouncing on the roll bar. The banging on the roll bar manifested itself in what felt like a bump under my drivers side feet. You didn't mention if you had the top folded back but if you did I would look at that as the issue.

LifeAsRob 11-09-2015 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by brian1967graham (Post 4158692)
This is going to sound crazy but I had the same issue and it was due to my trektop being folded back and bouncing on the roll bar. The banging on the roll bar manifested itself in what felt like a bump under my drivers side feet. You didn't mention if you had the top folded back but if you did I would look at that as the issue.

this might be true if I had a soft top. I have a hard top. and I cant figure out what the hell it is.

jedg 11-09-2015 08:10 AM

What's the frequency of the bang? Like continuous or occasional or in a turn or when you hit a bump, etc...

renzo1200 11-09-2015 10:30 PM

Probably the bass from your speakers

LifeAsRob 11-10-2015 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by jedg (Post 4158706)
What's the frequency of the bang? Like continuous or occasional or in a turn or when you hit a bump, etc...

When I hit bumps dosent matter what speed

LifeAsRob 11-10-2015 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by renzo1200 (Post 4158971)
Probably the bass from your speakers

Haha no bass boom is a different feel lol

casamtb 11-10-2015 04:51 AM

Look under the jeep under the passenger floorboard. I had something similar and it was a fuel line L connector that had come loose from the gas tank snap groove and was banging on the pass floor board.