Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barricade Front Skid Plate with OEM bumper

Old 09-24-2018, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barricade Front Skid Plate with OEM bumper

I have a '16 JK Rubicon... I just got it and it's mostly stock. I am looking at installing armor first and I found a good deal on a Barricade front skid plate. I'm seeing conflicting info on whether or not it's compatible with the OEM bumper. Anyone have experience with this? Also, were you able to do the install without help? Or did you need an extra pair of hands?
Old 09-24-2018, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're looking at the Barricade HD skid plate be careful. I bought this along with the Barricade HD bumper trying to do it all once. Turns out even though they are both made by Barricade they aren't compatible with each other. I contacted Extreme Terrain and only could be told "we can't verify what will fit" Frustrating to say the least
Old 09-24-2018, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I wouldn't waste the money on that thing. Save the cash and flip your sway bar motor up. That cash can be applied towards an evap skid plate.

Quick Reply: Barricade Front Skid Plate with OEM bumper