Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bed liner on rocker panels and/or lower doors?

Old 07-02-2016, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bed liner on rocker panels and/or lower doors?

Has anyone done this on their Jeep? I see this on other trucks and like the look. I did my door sills with rust-oleum and it came out pretty good. thinking about doing the same for my rockers and the lower half inch or inch of my doors. I haven't seen this on a Jeep yet.

If you did do it, any pics, information and what kind of bed liner you used would be great.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

I used rattle can bed liner on those areas. It's been on for 3 years and still looks good. I'm out of town right now. I can load a pic when I get back Monday. My profile pic shows it but may not have enough resolution.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jedg
I used rattle can bed liner on those areas. It's been on for 3 years and still looks good. I'm out of town right now. I can load a pic when I get back Monday. My profile pic shows it but may not have enough resolution.

Would love to see a good pic of it. What kind did you use?

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2016, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

I'll post a pic when I get back in town. It was Dupli-Color in a blue can from the auto parts store.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Here's the pic of my rocker panels that I said I would post. I used Dupli-Color Truck Bed Liner Spray I sanded the area (not down to metal, just so that the clear coat was off), cleaned with MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone), and then sprayed three light coats. I let it cure for a couple days before I drove it. It's been on there for 3 years now with no touch up. Also used this in the rear fender wells (took out the rear fender liners) with no issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2495.JPG
Views:	2680
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	651508Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2497.JPG
Views:	997
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	651509
Old 07-04-2016, 03:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used the rustoleum bedliner in the can from Home Depot. I've sprayed behind my fenders where they mount to the body, the rockers behind my sliders, wheel wells, under the rear bumper, and some other trim areas. It really evens out the look of the jeep especially if you have black fenders. I didn't do any sanding I just wiped the areas down with rubbing alcohol and sprayed right onto the factory clear coat. It's been over 2 years and I've had no issues or need to touch up.

Here's what it looks like from a distance. My fenders didn't give good coverage over the white body panels this made everything look finished...

Last edited by Biginboca; 07-04-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Both of those look awesome. Thanks for the pics.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Line-X sprayed on... professionally.

Wheel wells, front bumper, back bumper, wheel fenders, body armor, also where the fenders and rock bar/ step touches body. Front grill and bug guard.

Last edited by Shuffler; 07-05-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shuffler
Line-X sprayed on... professionally.

Wheel wells, front bumper, back bumper, wheel fenders, body armor, also where the fenders and rock bar/ step touches body. Front grill and bug guard.
Mind if I ask how much that ran you? Feel free to PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gibsonfirebird12
Mind if I ask how much that ran you? Feel free to PM.
I don't mind at all. It is what it is. If someone can get a better price, more power to them.

Approximately $1800.00

Has a lifetime warrantee against scraping off.... even on rocks. They will repair any place you may be ably to make on it.

If you check out on youtube you will find video where they shoot it with a shotgun and it does not harm the coating at all. The metal under it may be dented but the Line-X holds up.

Quick Reply: bed liner on rocker panels and/or lower doors?