Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beed Lock??

Old 01-15-2007, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ2a

And you didn't hear it from me, but starter fluid makea a VERY good bead setter in the field. (^_^)
YUP and scares the crap out of me evry time it's used
Old 01-15-2007, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake_Blues
Well if you compare steel wheels + internal beadlocks to wheels with mechanical beadlocks, it's going to be cheaper in most cases I think. Decent steel wheels can be had for around $50-$60. So the whole setup wouldn't cost much more than $250 per wheel. DOT approved beadlocks from Hutchison are over $450 per wheel. So it CAN be cheaper, depending on what rim you pick.

-E
Agreed. I was looking at wheels more in the $120-$200 range which brings the two a bit closer but on my TJ I had some really basic steel ones that didn't look like much but did the job for that low price range. Decisions, decisions.

Quick Reply: Beed Lock??