Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Best 2.5" dual rate spring
Metalcloak true dual rate
40.00%
Jspec dual rate
10.00%
Rock Krawler dual rate
20.00%
AEV dual rate
30.00%
Evo plush ride
0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Best 2.5" DUAL RATE SPRINGS

Old 03-07-2019, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 2.5" DUAL RATE SPRINGS

I am currently running 2" OME HD springs I purchased in 2009 ran on my 07 Rubi for two years then transferred them to my 2012. They are rusting, sagging and just riding rough. I've also had trouble with them popping out of the perch when off road. I am looking to put new 2.5 dual rate springs on and have narrowed it down to .
1. Metalcloak true dual rate
2. Jspec dual rate
3. Rock Krawler dual rate
4. AEV dual rate
5. EVO plush ride
Looking for someone that has run at least two or three of these. I'm looking for the best on road ride quality. I plan on doing shocks next I would also appreciate some input on shocks.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:59 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Your list should have begun and ended with the first entry.

I have RK springs. It's been well documented their coating process sucks royally. They claim to have made improvements, but have yet to see anyone rave about how much better improvement has been. For someone like me, in Texas, who lives outside the rust belt, it's not a huge deal. I don't think I'd want to deal with it if I lived up north. I have a friend with the AEV coils, and I think they're a big "meh", but some of that is netted lift with heavy bumpers on both ends (with winch and tire carrier as well). I never really see anyone just ohh & awing over EVO springs, but don't have first hand, or even 2nd hand experience with em.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:19 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I had OME HD's and whatever version of OME shocks shipped with them (fairly short travel, given the height gained from those coils...) While most everyone else claimed to love the ride, I thought it was very firm and never enjoyed it. Tried Bilstein 5100's due to increased travel length and positive reviews at the time. No improvement. Finally swapped to MC 3.5" along with the OME 'Long Travel' shocks (MC shipped these before releasing their own Rocksport shocks). Then eventually added a full set of MC arms as well. While I can't say it is cadilac plush now, it is definitely a much smoother and more enjoyable ride. I have no trouble recommending MC's stuff.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Pass on the RK, I enjoy my Metalcloak farrrrr more. They actually net lift over the RK coils and they ride nicer. I only changed the coils when I made the change so it isn't another factor in combination with the coils.

Quick Reply: Best 2.5" DUAL RATE SPRINGS