Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best lift for mall crawling - ready go!

Old 04-18-2017, 10:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of great rigs around town never leave the pavement or crawl rocks but still cool rigs

If your going to lift it and you want good looks,great ride,proven product from a solid company...you can't go wrong with AEV
Easy install,brand name,in your budget and more than capable if you decide you wanna get off road...I'd get the 3.5 kit,you'll love the look the ride and the dependability
Old 04-19-2017, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

I had a similar goal as the OP for a lift that was enough lift to fit 35's with an emphasis on ride quality and it came down to the Mopar 2in and the AEV 2.5in for me as well. My target budget was <$1.5K

I went with the Mopar over the AEV for the following reasons.
1. The Mopar lift cost less and was more complete.
2. You can find deals/sales on the Mopar kit which put the price lower than the AEV and includes a replacement Dana 1310 double cardan driveshaft with spicer joints which is something you'll want if you own a 2012+. AEV fixes their prices offered through vendors and the best deal you will find is one that includes free shipping off their standard locked price.
3. The Mopar had Fox 2.0 performance shocks which have been specifically tuned for the Mopar lift for improved ride quality.
4. Others that have had both the Mopar and AEV lift have stated they felt the Mopar had better ride quality but the AEV was good as well.
5. The Mopar lift has more flex due to the Fox shocks having more extension than the AEV Bilstein shocks.
6. The Mopar with stock weight will net you 3in of lift, the AEV was closer to 3.5-4in (less lift was what I wanted, enough for 35s and lower CG)

Additional items you'll want to budget for the Mopar lift which would be the same for the AEV as well.
- HD adjustable front trackbar
- Geo correction brackets, don't use the Mopar kits included cam bolts and the AEV doesn't include anything for caster correction.
- If running stock wheels with 35s, then you'll need some 1.5in wheel spacers

If you want to learn more about the Mopar lift, then I would highly recommend you go to the discussion thread linked below which is a dedicated discussion on the Mopar lift with many of us running it and very pleased with it. This forum is more of a Rock Krawler, JKS, Metal Cloak, Teraflex lift crowd with very few actually running the Mopar lift, that will often spend more time wrongfully trying to criticize it without knowing anything about it.

Good luck!

Currently 86 pages of discussion.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/mo...ks-972321.html

Last edited by Rednroll; 04-19-2017 at 03:32 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We specialize in the JKS JSpec suspension for conventional coil lifts. If I were to recommend something for you, it would be a decked out JKontrol 3.5" kit. The nice thing about this kit is that the street ride and handling are unbeatable, but even though it's using control arm drop brackets, if you were to ever decide to flog it in the dirt it'll hold up because of how the components are constructed. One of our shop Jeeps has that kit installed and we have dragged it through Hell on 37's and it has performed well. I would do this kit, add rear sway bar links and a rear track bar and be done with it. You would be well served with this setup.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I had a similar goal as the OP for a lift that was enough lift to fit 35's with an emphasis on ride quality and it came down to the Mopar 2in and the AEV 2.5in for me as well. My target budget was <$1.5K

I went with the Mopar over the AEV for the following reasons.
1. The Mopar lift cost less and was more complete.
2. You can find deals/sales on the Mopar kit which put the price lower than the AEV and includes a replacement Dana 1310 double cardan driveshaft with spicer joints which is something you'll want if you own a 2012+. AEV fixes their prices offered through vendors and the best deal you will find is one that includes free shipping off their standard locked price.
3. The Mopar had Fox 2.0 performance shocks which have been specifically tuned for the Mopar lift for improved ride quality.
4. Others that have had both the Mopar and AEV lift have stated they felt the Mopar had better ride quality but the AEV was good as well.
5. The Mopar lift has more flex due to the Fox shocks having more extension than the AEV Bilstein shocks.
6. The Mopar with stock weight will net you 3in of lift, the AEV was closer to 3.5-4in (less lift was what I wanted, enough for 35s and lower CG)

Additional items you'll want to budget for the Mopar lift which would be the same for the AEV as well.
- HD adjustable front trackbar
- Geo correction brackets, don't use the Mopar kits included cam bolts and the AEV doesn't include anything for caster correction.
- If running stock wheels with 35s, then you'll need some 1.5in wheel spacers

If you want to learn more about the Mopar lift, then I would highly recommend you go to the discussion thread linked below which is a dedicated discussion on the Mopar lift with many of us running it and very pleased with it. This forum is more of a Rock Krawler, JKS, Metal Cloak, Teraflex lift crowd with very few actually running the Mopar lift, that will often spend more time wrongfully trying to criticize it without knowing anything about it.

Good luck!

Currently 86 pages of discussion.
Mopar 2 inch lift 77070088 - with Fox Shocks - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Grat info! which series of fox shocks are you running? ill probably just end up switching out my shocks. I dont plan on running bigger tires so if I end up wanting a little bit of lift ill throw in a TF leveling kit.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by antonioso
Grat info! which series of fox shocks are you running? ill probably just end up switching out my shocks. I dont plan on running bigger tires so if I end up wanting a little bit of lift ill throw in a TF leveling kit.
They're the Fox 2.0 Performance Series shocks that are included with the Mopar 2in lift. Fox and Mopar valved them for the Mopar lifts.

From Fox when someone talked to their techs.

Originally Posted by Fox Tech
- Compared to the off-the-shelf FOX shocks you can buy for 0-2in lift, the stiffness of the MOPAR shocks are lower. So the standard FOX JK shock are stiffer than the ones included with the MOPAR kits.
- FOX does not differentiate between the 2dr and the 4dr for the off the shelf shocks. MOPAR made a custom tune for both the 2dr and 4dr JKs and created MOPAR specific shocks for the lifts.
Supposedly, that all translate to a better ride quality.

You can kind of see in this pic that I took when I was getting my wheels installed, the Mopar "m" on the top of the shock, showing it is indeed co-branded and different from the standard Fox Performance 2.0 series shocks.

Last edited by Rednroll; 04-19-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Best lift for mall crawling - ready go!