Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bestop Soft Doors Installed

Old 08-14-2009, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered mine today. Once I get them installed, I doubt I will ever separate the top and bottom sections. On nice days I will remove the doors and on "iffy" days I will either have the windows zipped or not, depending on the conditions.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crwood1
Higher speeds, pressure differences, and crosswinds cause the top of each door to flop out intermittently--solved with two side velcro 1" strap about 12" long--unzip the window, open the door, expose the top horizontal bar near the middle by pulling the velcro at the top of the door, slip the 1" velcro strap around the bar, close the door and wrap the 1" strap around the roll bar pad and pull fairly tight--fastening can take place, now, once in the seat--to get out unfasten and roll up velcro strap and it will stick to itself up tight on the door-
Seems easy enough, but any chance of a pic? Thanks
Old 08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

My replacement set came and I finally got them on. The tops and bottoms are still very tough to join and separate, but good enough to not send them back.
The tops don't fit really good with the door surrounds, but good enough not to send them back.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

I got mine and installed them today. I'll post pictures in the next couple of days. Everything went very smoothly and they fit well and latched just fine. The upper doors can be difficult to insert into the lowers, but WD40 worked wonders. I plan to make these my permanent doors. Any advice on how much I should ask for my brand new (well, two week old) hard doors?
Old 08-19-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Higher speeds, pressure differences, and crosswinds cause the top of each door to flop out intermittently--solved with two side velcro 1" strap about 12" long--unzip the window, open the door, expose the top horizontal bar near the middle by pulling the velcro at the top of the door, slip the 1" velcro strap around the bar, close the door and wrap the 1" strap around the roll bar pad and pull fairly tight--fastening can take place, now, once in the seat--to get out unfasten and roll up velcro strap and it will stick to itself up tight on the door--I tried numerous solutions and this is the most practical--Have driven them in all weather, will get some water while in motion, but not bad, they do a good job--parked in rain I put on the half cover. 25k miles on the doors
I would love a picture as well. I love these doors, my only issue is the flop out thing at highway speeds when I have the family in the jeep.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Here are some pics of what they look like on a yellow 2 door.

My only complaint so far is I wish they had a pocket on the inside of the doors, like the soft doors on my old CJ did. Yes, I have the same gap at the lower front corners as was mentioned by the original poster. I won't be losing any sleep over it. If I insisted on a perfect seal, I would have stayed with the hard doors (actually I wouldn't have bought a Jeep at all).

As far as the difficulty separating/joining the upper and lower halves, this is a non-issue for me, as, depending on the weather, the doors will either be on or off, since it only takes literally seconds to remove them and stow them in the back.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Goranothos
That sucks. Since I sold my hard top and installed a trek top (soft top) I don't even bother locking my doors anymore.
yeah, now I leave my glove box wide open with nothing inside and stuck a note on the doors mentioning there's nothing inside and not to bother... hopefully that'll work. meanwhile I have a taped up window. oh well. more incentive to take them off!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Higher speeds, pressure differences, and crosswinds cause the top of each door to flop out intermittently--solved with two side velcro 1" strap about 12" long--unzip the window, open the door, expose the top horizontal bar near the middle by pulling the velcro at the top of the door, slip the 1" velcro strap around the bar, close the door and wrap the 1" strap around the roll bar pad and pull fairly tight--fastening can take place, now, once in the seat--to get out unfasten and roll up velcro strap and it will stick to itself up tight on the door--I tried numerous solutions and this is the most practical--Have driven them in all weather, will get some water while in motion, but not bad, they do a good job--parked in rain I put on the half cover. 25k miles on the doors
I do the same. works great.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MOKOS
I do the same. works great.
Got any pics of this fix?
Old 03-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With Spring knocking on our door, I figured that this thread needs a healthy bump to the top. Just picked up a set of these soft doors and am hoping to put them on tomorrow if it ever stops pissing down rain for a minute.

Looks like there are some excellent suggestions in this thread. Thanks for everyone's input

Quick Reply: Bestop Soft Doors Installed