Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pigtail for 3rd brake light

Old 04-23-2014, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pigtail for 3rd brake light

I am looking at my options for a modified 3rd brake light. I was curious if anybody can tell me what type of connector the factory 3rd brake light wiring uses? I know that there is a connection where the wiring of the light hooks up to the wiring leading into the jeep.

What I am looking for is a pigtail/connector that I can wiring onto the alternate 3rd brake light I am thinking of using and allow me to easily disconnect it when getting the spare tire off. I know that I can use the disconnect the light comes with and then tap the wire from it onto the factory wiring. I would just like to avoid tapping the factory wiring if I can easily do it by putting the matching connector onto the alternate 3rd brake light wires.

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I cut mine and put in Deutsch connectors.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the part diagram it shows the third brake light assembly as one unit. So you won't be getting it from the factory unless you by the whole assembly.

Something like this?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/2007-2012-j...07-2012j1.jcwx

Sent from my recliner
Old 04-23-2014, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is a hard connection. It's only 2 wires. Cut them and use a watertight connector.
I have my 3rd brake light in the center cap of my spare with the quick connect inside the cap.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is a super old post, but I actually found the connector part number to do exactly what MAG00 wanted to accomplish. That was to keep everything as stock as possible and be "plug and play" from the tailgate to the third tail light harness. MOPAR makes a repair kit for doing just this. The kit even comes with wires pre-crimped with the correct terminals. Just splice the repair wires to whatever harness you have leading to the third tail light.

These can be ordered directly from MOPAR Parts via Amazon.com. Use kit P/N: 68065023AA (it is a bit spendy at $30, but if that's the route you want to go, here it is.)

Quick Reply: Pigtail for 3rd brake light