Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BFG Mud or AT? How loud is loud?

Old 02-21-2009, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BFG Mud or AT? How loud is loud?

I am about to get 35's and am having a hard time deciding on which BFG to get. I really prefer the looks of the M/T, but I only wheel maybe once a month. I expect the A/T to be quieter, but I only have past mud tires to base this on. Can anyone tell me if there is a noticible difference between the noise level of these, or are they pretty similar and not worth choosing one over the other based on their noise?
Old 02-21-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

BFGs are not as Loud as loud as most I'd say, but 35s are gonna sing some.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The KM2's are not too bad, they will be a little louder than the AT KO. It depends on what you plan on using your Jeep for and how long of a commute you have. The A/T will last longer on the road, but the M/T will pull you through more stuff off road.

I was real close to buying the BFG A/T KO this week. I looked at them hard, but in the end I went with the Hankook M/T because I like the aggressive look and off road performance of an M/T
Old 02-21-2009, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have 255 85 16 mud terrain so 33.3 inch and i did not notice any noise difference over stock except below 10 kmh. it shake!!!! like alot hahha but its nice. you feel like in a tractor on a farm land. but over that nothing at all i noticed.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

I go back and forth over having AT's on the road and MT's for the trail, but in the end I have pretty much decided that while the AT's may last a little longer on-road, I'll hate them every time I drive up a slightly damp or muddy area in the trail. That, and I don't want to end up replacing them again in a few months because I didn't get what I wanted to start with.

Unless it is a mall crawler, go with the MT's.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:48 PM
JK Super Freak

I think the ATs make alot more noise than my km2s (35s) IMO!

Quick Reply: BFG Mud or AT? How loud is loud?