JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   BFG Mud Terrain KM3 release date (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/bfg-mud-terrain-km3-release-date-335789/)

Ajkaz 07-28-2016 09:42 AM

BFG Mud Terrain KM3 release date

Does anyone know anything about a release date? Im holding off on upgrading in hopes these are released soon. BFG said they took consumer inputs into the design of this tire. I'm hoping for a similar tire with a much stronger more aggressive sidewall in its current undersized, lightweight 37 12.5 carcass.

Ajkaz 08-06-2016 10:09 AM

I'm seeing lots of marketing from summer of last year. Almost like they just never launched.

Spank 08-06-2016 10:36 AM

Doubt you're going to see them soon. Yeah, they appeared in some marketing materials when the larger, more popular sizes for the KO2s finally were available, but then that was the last of it. Likewise, not all sizes will be immediately available when they launch. It took an entire year after the KO2s were out before you could get the more common 35" and 37" tires.

Great looking tire, though. They'll look damn good on a Jeep.

dmwil 10-11-2017 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Spank (Post 4236794)
Doubt you're going to see them soon. Yeah, they appeared in some marketing materials when the larger, more popular sizes for the KO2s finally were available, but then that was the last of it. Likewise, not all sizes will be immediately available when they launch. It took an entire year after the KO2s were out before you could get the more common 35" and 37" tires.

Great looking tire, though. They'll look damn good on a Jeep.

Are there pics? Link?

Smudgeontheglass 10-13-2017 07:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After a Coffee meet last night and talking about the KO2s that I just got, there was mention of the KM3. I had read a Magazine article on them earlier in the year but I haven't seen much since.

The last bit of rumour mill stuff I read was that they held off launching the tire because the KO2 has been so popular and were releasing more and more sizes this year. The KM3 will probably be a spring 2018 tire.

I did some searching and found this picture:
Attachment 675495

You can see the KO2 sidewall and rock ejectors in the tread. They also have the split center blocks like on the KM2. It would be nice if there was a bit more syping but you can't win them all.

TxJeepers 10-13-2017 12:03 PM

BFG is keeping very tight lipped on these. Love my KO2's but look forward to going back to a MT with the KM3. My wishful thinking is they made some sweet deal with Jeep and they'll release the same time as the new JL with the new JL Rubi coming with KM3's.

Grimmjpr 10-13-2017 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by TxJeepers (Post 4306025)
BFG is keeping very tight lipped on these. Love my KO2's but look forward to going back to a MT with the KM3. My wishful thinking is they made some sweet deal with Jeep and they'll release the same time as the new JL with the new JL Rubi coming with KM3's.

This would be cool!!!!

dmwil 10-13-2017 08:43 PM

I asked BFG about a release date on their Facebook page and they said they don't know because they are still doing a lot of testing.

I think I'm going to replace my KM2's with KO2's in late November or early December.

zstairlessone 10-14-2017 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by dmwil (Post 4306058)
I asked BFG about a release date on their Facebook page and they said they don't know because they are still doing a lot of testing. I think I'm going to replace my KM2's with KO2's in late November or early December.

I am doing the same

dmwil 10-14-2017 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by zstairlessone (Post 4306094)
I am doing the same

They told me today that there would be promotions in November, so that's something to look forward to on the KO2.