Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Bore PSC Steering Gear (buzzing sound)

Old 08-10-2017, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Bore PSC Steering Gear (buzzing sound)

So I installed one of these a few months back and love it for the most part... works as you would expect. However it's noisy... if I sit with the wheel straight and there is no tension on the Steering Bix it makes a buzzing noise. If I apply a bit of tension by slightly moving the wheel left or right it stops... hard to say if it's happening while I'm driving because the motor noise. I am guessing no one will know what I'm talking about but wanted to ask.... I have tried to bleed it a few more times and do not think there is any air... the pump is also new and does not make any noise at all. The steering is good and not hard at all to turn. This may be a normal thing, don't know but I'm looking for feedback from other big bore folks

Thanks guys!
Old 08-10-2017, 06:59 PM
JK Junkie

Video?
Old 08-11-2017, 02:51 AM
JK Newbie

I'll get a video today... it's odd, I can't figure it out.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you talked to PSC yet?
Old 08-11-2017, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

I sent an email to the tech department. If I don't get a reply I plan on calling.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

I was pulled away for work... no one responded to my email so I'm calling today. Here is a video, it's hard to make out because I have a supercharger but listen fir the buzzing noise... also it's hard to tell but if I move the steering wheel slightly it stops. It is loud enough that I can hear it as I drive over my supercharger. For what I paid I'm not very happy.

Last edited by myrddin; 08-18-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Just called and spoke to PSC... they were very nice and after I sent the video they stated that it sounded like the valveing in the steering box and they stated they had s small batch in the same shipment go out that had similar problems but they will replace mine when they get the next order. So I will swap it out once I get the new part. Sucks that I will be replacing all the fluid and swapping out the gear but at the same time it's nice that they stand behind the product. More to follow!

Quick Reply: Big Bore PSC Steering Gear (buzzing sound)