Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big JK with no fenders

Old 11-17-2006, 12:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big JK with no fenders

RalphXJ posted this on the 4WD.com boards... Thought you guys would appreciate the pics. They're the first pictures I've seen of a JK without flares and I love the look.

Ryan

Last edited by dorg; 11-19-2006 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Uploaded images onto my server
Old 11-17-2006, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

very nice!

private owner or shop? any guess on tire size? looks like 38", the front w/o flares looks better then I thought it would

maybe the darker color and shadows hide the under flare ugly edges (not to mention the toughness the tires give it)

notice the brackets on the front, they may not be un-boltable, ie. cut them

I do question the durability of the axles with these tires under severe conditions, only time will tell
Old 11-17-2006, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

you know if there were gears avail to actualy be able to run a 38.5" tire then it would make that thing better.....and yea IMO that is too much tire for the 44's...and since I'm pointing out the negitive stuff man could he have made the stinger any bigger ??

but it is cool to see a JK under those tires and not all pimped out like the teraflex jeep. it's just not pratical with the parts that are avail for the JK...
Old 11-19-2006, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
ya i've been watching that build. he must have $ cause his last rig was ridiculous too!
Any link to the rest of the build or his other rig?
Old 11-21-2006, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Build-up thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336500

FWIW, his previous TJ was already built when he got it (it was actually built by a friend of mine). It's a private-owner build, most of the work was done himself as far as I can tell. He's done all the tube work and bumpers and stuff himself, so other than the tires and winch he actually doesn't have a whole lot of $$$ into it yet. The tires are 38.5" swampers.

Quick Reply: Big JK with no fenders