Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bilstein HD Monotube Steering Stabilizer

Old 02-19-2014, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bilstein HD Monotube Steering Stabilizer

What do the people that have this say? I have a 2.5 teraflex lift with Bilstein 5100's. Im going to purchase the AEV geometry relocation brackets and was thinking about getting this as well. I've been reading different things about this SS so just wanted to ask for myself. Do you people that have it like it? I guess my main concern is about the whole pushing or pulling to one side I've been reading. Does this go away with it being broken in? Thanks all that respond!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there something wrong with your SS you have now?
Old 02-19-2014, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OE SS should be fine, but I have read reviews of the Bilstein that say it pushes to one side because of the high pressure gas charge. Fox ATS is probably the best but is $$$. OME might be a good compromise.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

well the problem im having is its wondering while braking and also with uneven roads and what not I know the AEV brackets will help I just thought adding an upgraded SS would help as well
Old 02-19-2014, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TacomanBJK12
well the problem im having is its wondering while braking and also with uneven roads and what not I know the AEV brackets will help I just thought adding an upgraded SS would help as well
Check your alignment. Adding a different SS won't fix anything.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
Check your alignment. Adding a different SS won't fix anything.
wouldnt this SS give it stiffness in steering?
Old 02-20-2014, 02:02 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TacomanBJK12
It will yes... A HD SS will help Dampen road irregularities. Some report a left push and some don't. I ran the Rancho unit and it had a slight push. Nothing crazy, I just had to keep my hand on the wheel or it would drift slightly.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:55 AM
JK Junkie

I have the Bilstein SS & do not notice any push / pull, but there is no notiable difference between the factory SS. I changed mine out only because I installed Bilstein 5160's reservoirs all the way around & wanted it to match.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:41 AM
JK Freak

You mention it wanders when you brake. Could be many things like alignment, a brake or even low tire pressure. Swapping out a good SS with a different one won't solve your problem.

As for the AEV brackets they will help your caster. Nothing wrong with the correction brackets but you'd be better off with adjustable LCA's that allow you to be a little more precise.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the geometry brackets are a great choice as an alternative to adjustable arms. Despite what people say they do not hinder ground clearance at all ( at least not on any of the trails I've run with them ). They will absolutely get rid of the wandering while under hard braking conditions. One you venture up past 3.5" of lift and need to start moving the axle around is when adjustable arms are nice.

Quick Reply: Bilstein HD Monotube Steering Stabilizer