JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Bilstein Steering Stabilizer question. (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/bilstein-steering-stabilizer-question-231238/)

mOjO_JK 05-09-2012 06:29 AM

Bilstein Steering Stabilizer question.

I installed the Bilstein steering stabilizer as well as with the relocation bracket....and now jk pulls to the left...slightly...I have read in other threads that this is a common problem....what can fix the problem tho?..an alignment.....or what options are there?

ALEXANDERJASON 05-09-2012 06:52 AM

i had the same problem, although mine wasn't slight.

i thought i would give it some time - couple of months and 4000+ miles - it didn't get any better.

i removed it...

alignment won't do anything. it is the gas charged shock that pushes...

some people have had the problem, some haven't and some have it go away after a short time.

luck of the draw i guess...

3k91 05-09-2012 06:56 AM

I have this stabilizer on my JKU and I didnt have any issues. I was expecting them though because of the amount of Jeeps getting the pull. I would try exchanging it for a new one and see what they say.:doh:

Colorblindspy 05-09-2012 07:28 AM

I'm installing my bilstein stabilizer next week. I'll let you know what happens with mine.

jsands 05-09-2012 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Colorblindspy (Post 3005019)
I'm installing my bilstein stabilizer next week. I'll let you know what happens with mine.

Me too! Sat. Lift, tires,wheels.:clap:

FoxRacingJMC 05-09-2012 08:03 AM

You need to make sure the distance from both ends are a certain length. If the strut is out too much or in too little, that could POSSIBLY be part of the reason. It's needs to be an even distribution. I know I'm kinda not explaining it right, but if you have your bracket towards either side of your tie rod too much, the stabelizer is pretty much there just for show and not serving its purpose....

Hopefully you follow what I mean....and if you've already measured from eye to eye, then forget i mentioned it, haha :beer::thumbsup:

kosmos 05-09-2012 10:27 AM

I'll be doing the same very soon - waiting on a tie rod mount from Rock Krawler.

sip8137 05-09-2012 11:16 AM

I just installed mine! Pulls to the left but just a bit! Hopefully it goes away! Keep you posted

CruSHeDJkUR 05-09-2012 11:46 AM

Puts duals on it and flip the second one the opposite way???

navin r 05-09-2012 11:59 AM

I have the bilstein stabilizer and the jeepswag relocation bracket on my 11' Unl. Rubi, stock susp.; it's definately an improvement and no pull one way or the other.
As a previous poster suggested you could probably move where the stabilizer fastens onto the tie rod to change any pull; that's not very scientific but it probably would work.