Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blizzard here in Boston

Old 02-08-2013, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys should call your hospitals to see if they need vehicles for transport of doctors and nurses.
If you get 2 or 3 feet find a buddy and go out in pairs.

The vehicle ban is a great idea - too many idiots out there who will get their vehicle stuck and abandon it, making it impossible for anyone to get around. cause all sorts of problems with clearing the snow too. they find your abandoned vehcile they might fine you thaty way. if not the loaders and such will just pick them up and pile them on the curb.

I plow and have seen more than a few yahoos in Jeeps, trucks etc get themselves into trouble thinking they are invincible, buddy up and be smart.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Default Just a couple feet?

I've lived in Colorado since 1972. Two to three feet of snow? Pfft whatever. Lol j/k

Hope you have fun letting your Jeeps have at it in the snow. Just be careful. While you have good traction cruising around, four wheel drive won't help you stop any faster. And most certainly you will need to at some point.

Be careful out there. Have fun. And try to send some of that snow back here. We could use it!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got about 8" so far just south of Boston.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1504.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	419778  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Tag
JK Newbie

We got about 5 ft in toronto. Jeep worked like a boss throught the powturn
Old 02-08-2013, 05:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck guys!! 47 degrees in Raleigh... no hope for snow...

Filthy-beast, I have that same RC Jeep that is in your avatar... I really like it.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

The power went out for the 3rd rime and is now gone, probly til the morning. Parking my ass, my Jeep has heat and I plan to use it. Other than going out and having fun what do they expect us to do.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by emiles1987
Got about 8" so far just south of Boston.
Originally Posted by blue project
The power went out for the 3rd rime and is now gone, probly til the morning. Parking my ass, my Jeep has heat and I plan to use it. Other than going out and having fun what do they expect us to do.
Here in the south, we don't get much snow. But when we do, everyone breaks out the quads and tear up the roads. Ya it's illegal. And some do get caught. But only the very unlucky ones. Cause the PoPo sure as #*[[ ain't going to chase ya.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

We lost power down in the Attleboro area also. 14 inches so far in wrentham. Still another 10 to go!! Can't wait till morning to get out there!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gammo12
We lost power down in the Attleboro area also. 14 inches so far in wrentham. Still another 10 to go!! Can't wait till morning to get out there!

Haven't had any power loss in the Milford area. I can't even keep track of how much we've gotten, the wind is blowing it around like crazy. I went to take my dogs outside to pee and couldn't see more than a foot in front of me.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Waltham update

I am a little west of Boston (North Waltham) and as of right now we have 28". If anyone else is in the area, I will be out romping around in the white JKU tomorrow morning! Hope to see fellow Jeepers out there.

Quick Reply: Blizzard here in Boston