Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown Clutch, Aftermarket Replacement Options?

Old 07-19-2010, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown Clutch, Aftermarket Replacement Options?

The clutch on my jeep went out last night and i am trying to find an aftermarket replacement. I am wondering what people have been replacing them with and if they like them. any info on the aftermarket clutches would be nice. thanks
Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by U-W_JEEPER
The clutch on my jeep went out last night and i am trying to find an aftermarket replacement. I am wondering what people have been replacing them with and if they like them. any info on the aftermarket clutches would be nice. thanks
Centerforce makes one
Old 07-19-2010, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

ya I saw they had one I just am hoping to hear someone opinion on it before I buy it.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Centerforce.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=CF-DUAL-JK

I have never personally used one in a JK we have sold about 20 of them and have zero complaints .

David
Old 11-30-2010, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

can any shop install a centerforce clutch or is that something that needs to be done by an authorized centerforce dealer/shop....keep in mind that i'm not an expert in any of this but the shop i took it too said they needed to replace the clutch, the pressure plate and the throw out bearing...from what i can tell from the northridge link above the centerforce dual friction takes care of two of those items correct? and then i would only need to get the throw out bearing from the shop? anyone know how much a throw out bearing should cost?

also, again not being an expert, is centerforce the best there is, i see that they are recommended pretty heavily on this forum but not having any experience with them myself i assume that it would be a vast upgrade from the factory shit that's in there?

BTW i've got 65K+ miles and do mild offroading and pull a camper 3-4 times a year so that's the mileage i got on mine...

thanks for any input/advice...
Old 11-30-2010, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Centerforce

My buddy filled his clutch with mud and blew the stocker. Since the dealership had it apart he bought a Centerforce and had them install it. It is wayyyyyyyyy better than the stock clutch.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If they can install a clutch they can install a centerforce.

David
Old 12-18-2010, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default Have to try one

Blew my clutch in a 4' snow drift last night...I think...I am trying to talk the German garage (yes garage, I don't have a place or the tools here to take care of it myself) into letting me buy my own parts...if he'll do it, I am going to try the Center Force. I'll post my opinion here when I get it fixed.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

David, can you ship to an APO AE address??
Old 12-18-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by U-W_JEEPER
I installed the spec stage 2+ clutch, definately better than stock but am planing on stage 3 or 3+

Quick Reply: Blown Clutch, Aftermarket Replacement Options?