Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body damage, what quarter panel armor should I use?

Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body damage, what quarter panel armor should I use?

Today I slammed my rear quarter panel into a rock

What should I do? I was thinking about going with body armor for the rear quarter panels but I have heard they end up causing damage also. Any suggestions? IIRC, Modestoperandi and Calijk said they had their armor reenforced to the frame and that avoided body damage from the armor...

I dont think I can just throw armor on there without repairing it which sucks. Post up opinions, I just want armor that can be used almost like a a slider for the rear.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch... I don't mind the scrapes in my skid plates, but I rather hope to not see that! I do believe some companies make body armor that replaces both fenders and flares, but I don't see the one I'm thinking of in the vendor list:(
Old 01-01-2013, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is going to be a tough one. Most armor for that area is molded to the contours of the panel. It might be tough to get them to line up. If you get it pulled out a bit and get the budge in the rear to go in, then you might be able to fit some up. Evo and Poison Spider make sets that you might like. You would have to replace the tail lights on both sets.

EVO: Bumper/Armor/Skids, REAR CORNER ROCK SKINS

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/Jeep-JK.../18-04-020.htm
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM
JK Freak

You may want to look at smittybilt xrc fenders, they may fit without fixing the damage. I would talk to them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-452230869.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	404666  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

with the evo skins can you be put in the same position and not get body damage?

I have heard a million pros and cons to stock fenders absorb the damage, I have heard stock fenders cause damage, and the same for tube fenders that they do and do not. Im fine running any fender just so I dont cause damage or reduce the risk.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a rig at Offroad Evolution right now, with far worse body damage than this. He's covering it up with our builder corners. It wont be perfect when its done, but it will look pretty good in my opinion.

The new skin is 3/16 plate steel, the load will be spread across the entire surface, so yes its really strong.

http://www.evomfg.com/index.php?rout...&product_id=66

You can get these with or without the flare. .

Last edited by EVO MFG; 01-02-2013 at 08:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jedg (04-30-2019)
Old 01-02-2013, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EVO MFG
We have a rig at Offroad Evolution right now, with far worse body damage than this. He's covering it up with our builder corners. It wont be perfect when its done, but it will look pretty good in my opinion.

The new skin is 3/16 plate steel, the load will be spread across the entire surface, so yes its really strong.

EVO MFG: JK Rear EVO Armor, full width, -2D 2 Doors, -4D 4 Doors

You can get these with or without the flare. .
I like those! Call you guys for prices or will you post it up here?

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2013, 10:15 PM
JK Newbie

Still have been weighing some options.

Builder corners vs evo rock skins?

The rock skins are cheaper but will they hold up to putting the body on a rock? We will be modifying them too and adding on things. Just not sure which way to go.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

Question for anyone that has em or some insight, will the rock skins cover this up?? I would have to massage it back to a flatter surface but in theory it would cover the damage? Don't get me wrong I don't mind rock damage it's like a scar, but wouldn't mind covering it after I get sliders
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-393457998.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	445151  
Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nevesjk06
Question for anyone that has em or some insight, will the rock skins cover this up?? I would have to massage it back to a flatter surface but in theory it would cover the damage? Don't get me wrong I don't mind rock damage it's like a scar, but wouldn't mind covering it after I get sliders
You'll have to pull those dents for anything to fit since they all use nutserts. A welding dent puller would be the way to go. Then just bed line the area before you put the rocker armor on.

Last edited by JKMARINE; 04-10-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Body damage, what quarter panel armor should I use?