Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought lots of parts/gears need help finding a good shop near south jersey

Old 12-28-2012, 04:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought lots of parts/gears need help finding a good shop near south jersey

Merry Christmas to me, I bought 4.56 gears, f&r Yukon lockers, weld in sleeves and gussets - now I need to find a good shop to get them installed near south jersey. I got a good referral to a shop a few hours from me that charges 250 per axle but I was going to see if anyone knows of a place closer in s jersey, de or Philadelphia area.

Tia
Steve
Old 12-28-2012, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Might be a bit of a drive but No excuses 4x4 in New Egypt, NJ is worth calling up. They welded on some gussets for me a few months back, fair pricing and quality work.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

I ended up getting a quote from liquide Iron in south jersey they wanted $941 that seems very high. I'm going to keep checking around

Steve
Old 12-28-2012, 11:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by swaite3
I ended up getting a quote from liquide Iron in south jersey they wanted $941 that seems very high. I'm going to keep checking around

Steve

941 seems like a good deal for me! I got a few quotes for front and rear gear install as well as sleeves and gussets and out of the three around here about 1100 was the best i could find... I would have expected more for the locker install also, but i could be wrong it may take less time. The labor is rediculous...
Old 12-28-2012, 12:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
941 seems like a good deal for me! I got a few quotes for front and rear gear install as well as sleeves and gussets and out of the three around here about 1100 was the best i could find... I would have expected more for the locker install also, but i could be wrong it may take less time. The labor is rediculous...
Really just for the labor? I have all of the parts, gears lockers, master intstall kits gussets and sleeves

Lockers do not add anything to the install since they just replace the current carriers and no plumbing as they are auto lockers.

Also I know places in Ca (very far from NJ!) only charge 999 for gears and install!

Steve
Old 12-28-2012, 02:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by swaite3
Really just for the labor? I have all of the parts, gears lockers, master intstall kits gussets and sleeves

Lockers do not add anything to the install since they just replace the current carriers and no plumbing as they are auto lockers.

Also I know places in Ca (very far from NJ!) only charge 999 for gears and install!

Steve

just double checked my quote and it was 375 for front axle and 250 rear. then about 125 to install sleeves and upper and lower gussets. That with me supplying parts. He crushed everyone else around here. One shop was 1000 just for labor on only the gears, and the other was 1100 for just gears.

Quick Reply: Bought lots of parts/gears need help finding a good shop near south jersey