Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake/Clutch Master Cylinder Upgrade

Old 09-25-2009, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake/Clutch Master Cylinder Upgrade

Looking to upgrade my brakes with 3 or 6 psiton brake calipers which i think will also need brake / clutch master cylinder upgrade along with brake booster any thing available or has anyone upgraded yet?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

i would say upgrading calipers, rotors and pads would be enough. i guess there is nothing wrong with going all the way. ...............i like going all the way
Old 09-25-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Yep I agree but what I have been told is having 3 piston or more brake calipers requires a larger master cylinder. Since the brake and clutch cylinder is one unit and clutch clave cylinder is on the go so i am thinking of eliminating the entire problem at once.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

If the stock brakes are capable of grabbing hard enough to have the ABS kick in, what benefit would there be to stronger brakes?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

true if you are runninng stock.

But to run it legal in some countires with extreme mods lets says 1 ton dana 60 diffs, 37 inch tires, bumpers winches all that extra load and to top off with hemi power that stock brake arent good enough.

Regardless of abs if the brake calipers are not up to the task then we have a problem.

ALso it depends on personal preference some people like to be safe on roads doing 100 miles per hour

Originally Posted by ronjenx
If the stock brakes are capable of grabbing hard enough to have the ABS kick in, what benefit would there be to stronger brakes?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by JK07
true if you are runninng stock.

But to run it legal in some countires with extreme mods lets says 1 ton dana 60 diffs, 37 inch tires, bumpers winches all that extra load and to top off with hemi power that stock brake arent good enough.

Regardless of abs if the brake calipers are not up to the task then we have a problem.

ALso it depends on personal preference some people like to be safe on roads doing 100 miles per hour
I'll buy all that. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Brake/Clutch Master Cylinder Upgrade