Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brawler Lite Tube Gussets Modifications for Power Plant

Old 09-04-2016, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brawler Lite Tube Gussets Modifications for Power Plant

Apparently there is a slight modification required to run a Warn Power Plant winch on a Poison Spyder Brawler Lite bumper w/ DOM Tube Gussets. From what I've read, the winch monting holes in the bumper have to be moved to the rear slightly. Does anyone know how far the winch mounting holes are moved rearward? Also, are there any other issues with using a Power Plant on the Brawler Lite w/tube gussets?

"On Brawler Lites with Brawler Bar with DOM tube gussets, some slight modifications are needed to fit the Power Plant."

Thanks for any help,
NIB
Old 09-08-2016, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brawler bumper withe PowerPlant winch

Originally Posted by nib-15jk
Apparently there is a slight modification required to run a Warn Power Plant winch on a Poison Spyder Brawler Lite bumper w/ DOM Tube Gussets. From what I've read, the winch monting holes in the bumper have to be moved to the rear slightly. Does anyone know how far the winch mounting holes are moved rearward? Also, are there any other issues with using a Power Plant on the Brawler Lite w/tube gussets?

"On Brawler Lites with Brawler Bar with DOM tube gussets, some slight modifications are needed to fit the Power Plant."

Thanks for any help,
NIB
I would contact Poison Spyder directly. They may even have a template or drawing to install the PowerPlant onto their bumper. Since they state that modifications need to be made it would make sense that they would have that information readily available. Their sales Tech number for your bumper (951-849-5911) is also on the link below:

JK Brawler Lite Front Bumper - Brawler Bar - Plate Gussets | Jeep Wrangler JK Front Bumpers | Poison Spyder Customs

KG6SLC aka Eugene

Last edited by KG6SLC; 09-08-2016 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I will give them a call Monday. I just figured someone had been down this road before and could post a quick answer. I guess most people prefer the plate gusseted over the dom tube gusseted. One way or another, I have to make it work because the bumper is setting in my garage now.

Thanks,
NIB
Old 09-10-2016, 04:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks like it'll fit, might as well try and see.

I'm running the Crawler concepts front skinny bumper and squeezed a Power Plant on there. I used a few washers on one side between the winch and the bumper.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

Just in case anyone else would like to know the small mod required to mount a Warn Powerplant winch on a Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Front Bumper w/DOM Tube Gussets, per PS Tech Support, the winch mounting holes need to be elongated about 1/2" to the right (I believe he said right). Otherwise the winch will make contact with one of the tube gussets. The bumper arrived from Northridge 2 days after ordering and it looks great.

Quick Reply: Brawler Lite Tube Gussets Modifications for Power Plant