Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Breather Box" for breather hoses

Old 04-23-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default "Breather Box" for breather hoses

So i've finally extended all four of my breather hoses which was a PITA. the t-case breather alone took me like 30 mins to do Anyways now that i have all three of them up in the engine compartment i've seen people on here use a "Breather Box". I cant seem to find one of those or that post anywhere that showed that they looked like. I check both autozone and checkers website but cant seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone have a pic or link so i can what it is and what it looks like so i dont look like an idiot going into the store asking for one?

Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always used crank case vent filters like these.

Last edited by Robar; 04-24-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: fix pic
Old 04-23-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran mine into the cab on my TJ.
Since yours are already in the engine compartment, however, you might plumb them into your airbox.
The River Raider snorkels have kits to do that, however it should be a fairly simple custom job.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

North East Extreme Tech makes a manifold that takes three lines. They also make singles.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran the rear dif into my driver side tail light and front dif/transfer are in engine compartment on driverside, against upper seam of firewall.... I def like the idea of the small filter... I run one along with my snorkel/CAI..... Look in top left corner above aluminum pipe below...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1220179457.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	153185  
Old 04-24-2011, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the replys everyone. The North East Extreme Tech is exactly what i was looking for that allowed all three to plug into the same box. I was thinking of going into the airbox also but heard if the fluid ever comes out the hose id be screwed lol

btw battlefrog how did you attach your breather tubes to the tube your filter is attached too? did you just slide the breather tubes into the larger one?

Quick Reply: "Breather Box" for breather hoses