Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broke a drag link in a simple rock garden? HUH?!

Old 12-06-2009, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke a drag link in a simple rock garden? HUH?!

OK... So I have a semi newly installed set of CURRIE D60 under my Jk and just put the Teraflex drag link on flipped (on top instead of underneath per their recomendation) and first time out it snapped like a twig.

I have wheeled the Teraflex flip kit HARD with the stock axles and am pretty sure it wasn't the drag links fault.

Anyone have any clues why it snapped? I didn't really do anything that I think warranted it. Currie says I really need hydro assist and it probably wouldn't have happenned.

Here is the breakage (notice how the bar is bent where it broke, can you say alot of torque!!!)

Here are some other photos for fun!

\
Old 12-06-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen people snap drag links and tie rods. Its typically because one of the tires gets wedged between some rocks. The the driver goes to turn the tire, but they don't want to budge. So something ends up giving.

Quick Reply: Broke a drag link in a simple rock garden? HUH?!