Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brushed Alloy/Aluminum Wheels

Old 08-16-2017, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Duperdawg
I must be your long lost twin, after days of flipping through endless wheel styles, landed on DC Gunmetal 7, looked awesome on the virtual wheel styler with my Jeep color (Deep Cherry Red)
Cant find them anywhere, and nothing else is a close second for me.
The search goes on.....
You obviously have good taste.

I think I likely got the last set in the U.S.

Later on, I did see one listed on Amazon so you might want to check there.
Actually, here's the listing I found. No telling how many they have.
https://www.amazon.com/Dick-Cepek-Ma...ds=90000001391

Do a search on the P/N:

Amazon and ebay are likely your last resort to find a set, although ebay didn't have our size when I was shopping. I really like these DC GM7 wheels, so I get what you're saying.
For myself, I think it has to do with that I had a similar set of Cragar Keystone Classic wheels for my GMC S-15 pickup truck when I was going to college and really liked those wheels as well at the time. That's when brushed alloy wheels were cool and easy to find, now not so much since black is the in thing.

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-16-2017 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by karls10jk
How many miles and what tread depth do you have on the BFG's at this point? I'll have to check my mileage but I'm down to 12/32" of tread from 15/32" new and I don't think I've had them on even a year yet.
I'll need to check. I think I reset my trip odometer when I installed them and have done 1 (5) wheel rotation since then. So I should have actual mileage.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by karls10jk
How many miles and what tread depth do you have on the BFG's at this point? I'll have to check my mileage but I'm down to 12/32" of tread from 15/32" new and I don't think I've had them on even a year yet.
I've got 5100 miles on them and tread depth is 3/8" which is 12/32", same as yours.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
You obviously have good taste.

I think I likely got the last set in the U.S.

Later on, I did see one listed on Amazon so you might want to check there.
Actually, here's the listing I found. No telling how many they have.
https://www.amazon.com/Dick-Cepek-Ma...ds=90000001391

Do a search on the P/N:

Amazon and ebay are likely your last resort to find a set, although ebay didn't have our size when I was shopping. I really like these DC GM7 wheels, so I get what you're saying.
For myself, I think it has to do with that I had a similar set of Cragar Keystone Classic wheels for my GMC S-15 pickup truck when I was going to college and really liked those wheels as well at the time. That's when brushed alloy wheels were cool and easy to find, now not so much since black is the in thing.
I just tried to post on another comment, but it’s my first time on this site. Sorry to dust off a 4.5 year old thread, but I’m getting new wheels on my 2015 Wrangler. The previous owner only bought 4 wheels and I want the spare to actually be of value. I have 4 Dick Cepek Gunmetal 7’s 17”x9” with the 5x5 bolt pattern and -13mm offset. I’ll be receiving the new ones and mounting the tires in early April. Is anyone interested in the other 4. They’re not perfect and have scratches, but they work just fine. I’ve put new tires on since buying the Jeep and put 3k miles on those tires. I gave up on those Dick Cepeks after I spent hours searching to find nothing.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:29 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by mantis
I just tried to post on another comment, but it’s my first time on this site. Sorry to dust off a 4.5 year old thread, but I’m getting new wheels on my 2015 Wrangler. The previous owner only bought 4 wheels and I want the spare to actually be of value. I have 4 Dick Cepek Gunmetal 7’s 17”x9” with the 5x5 bolt pattern and -13mm offset. I’ll be receiving the new ones and mounting the tires in early April. Is anyone interested in the other 4. They’re not perfect and have scratches, but they work just fine. I’ve put new tires on since buying the Jeep and put 3k miles on those tires. I gave up on those Dick Cepeks after I spent hours searching to find nothing.
Due to shipping hurdles, usually the best way to sell wheels is local on FB or craigslist. It's really hard to move used wheels IMO simply due to supply out there, and why I try to push people looking at wheels to really buy something that is proper for their build and future mods right from the start. I started on a $1250 set of Fuel Boost wheels.....went out and scraped em up pretty good, sold the entire set for $120 and was happy to get that after they set behind my garage for 9 months or more.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Due to shipping hurdles, usually the best way to sell wheels is local on FB or craigslist. It's really hard to move used wheels IMO simply due to supply out there, and why I try to push people looking at wheels to really buy something that is proper for their build and future mods right from the start. I started on a $1250 set of Fuel Boost wheels.....went out and scraped em up pretty good, sold the entire set for $120 and was happy to get that after they set behind my garage for 9 months or more.
Very sound advise. I figured if someone had 4 or 5 of these already and wanted some spares, it’d be worth them looking at paying for shipping (unless they’re close to St. Louis). To your point, anyone that bought them years ago has probably already given up finding more. Thanks again for the feedback and guidance though.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:58 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

I'm not trying to be the rain on a parade, but just realistic. You can post them for sale in the "marketplace" forum. Who knows....it only takes 1 buyer.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/market/
Old 03-31-2021, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
I'm not trying to be the rain on a parade, but just realistic. You can post them for sale in the "marketplace" forum. Who knows....it only takes 1 buyer.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/market/
No offense taken. I don’t want to be “that guy” trying to sell stock bumpers or wheels for $200. I’ll let this thread die again. Thanks for the guidance.

Quick Reply: Brushed Alloy/Aluminum Wheels