Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget tailgate fix ordered. Mor/Ryde hinges and MBRP re-inforcment.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by nevrnf
Just ordered the hinges yesterday. Looking at the support it looks like it will move the stock tire carrier out about 1" which might be enough to clear a 35" tire depending on the rim backspace.
That's correct - with the stock spare carrier mounted on the MORryde tailgate reinforcement, the spare will sit 1" further from the tailgate than stock.

And the MORryde HD/large spare carrier mounts the spare higher - it's got two mounting positions, one that will fit up to 37" spares and the higher position for up to 40" spares. The HD spare carrier also provides an additional inch clearance from the tailgate for wider tires.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any word on a release date?
Old 09-24-2015, 08:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Old Guard
Any word on a release date?
The last I heard they started taking orders from resellers about two weeks ago, so they should be available somewhere pretty soon. Or you could always contact the company directly, they probably would sell you one direct.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

My tailgate reinforcement ships out Monday.

Thanks again Jeff.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Installed the hinges Saturday. What a difference in the amount of movement of the spare tire seen looking out the back while driving. It also reduced the noise significantly. Now just need the reinforcement.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Default tailgate reinforcement

My wife just txt me that FedEx dropped off a box for me today.
I'll post some pics later tonight.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thechad07
My tailgate reinforcement ships out Monday.

Thanks again Jeff.
Who is selling the reinforcement? I have only seen the hinges.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nevrnf
Who is selling the reinforcement? I have only seen the hinges.
I sent you a pm with contact info.

The install was very fast and easy, even with my mbrp spare tire reinforcement kit. I'll post some pics tomorrow, I mean later this morning when I get to work. Very stout. I don't have to cringe when someone else shuts my tailgate a bit hard any more.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the PM, When i posted this last night the reinforcment was not on MORryde's website.
I see it is now.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas all this week, and the first company booth I had to visit was of course MORryde. Interest in their Jeep products seems very high; they report that "hundreds" of the JK HD Hinge sets have been sold in the few months since introduction, and the JK Side Mount, which was introduced last month, is also doing very well.

The booth:

The HD Hinges, Tailgate reinforcement and HD/Large Spare Carrier, along with a hinge-mounted Rotopax carrier:

The JK Side Mounts, notice the full-scale printout of the side of a JK on the display...

And on the inside of the tailgate - a prototype StoreGate, should be a Q1 2016 product, fits JK's and TJ's...

They're handing out a catalog of all their Jeep products currently on the market (and also showing a few at SEMA that aren't in this catalog or on the market yet ).

Quick Reply: Budget tailgate fix ordered. Mor/Ryde hinges and MBRP re-inforcment.