Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget tailgate fix ordered. Mor/Ryde hinges and MBRP re-inforcment.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque setting for MORRyd hinge replacement

Love my replacement hinges! Ordered the reinforcement kit and tire carrier!

Last edited by Regoscar; 02-28-2018 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Change my question to statement
Old 05-05-2018, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did anyone hang either a nato can or a rotopax off their hinge in a JK? I see that there is the TJ Rotopax mount but nothing for the JK?
Old 05-05-2018, 11:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by kejtar
Did anyone hang either a nato can or a rotopax off their hinge in a JK? I see that there is the TJ Rotopax mount but nothing for the JK?
There is a JK Rotopax mount available: Jeep Rotopax Tailgate Hinge Mount Retrofit Offroad

The company doesn't offer a hinge-mount jerry/NATO carrier for the HD tailgate hinges, but it has been done DIY.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates on the cargo rack over the spare tire?
Old 05-07-2018, 03:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rsbmg
Any updates on the cargo rack over the spare tire?
MORryde was showing it a month ago at the Easter Jeep Safari Vendor Expo. There were one or two minor tweaks that needed to be made to the preproduction version before it was ready to be released but it was in very close to final form.

Coincidentally to your question, I've got one here for testing and to be shown at Overland Expo next week where MORryde will be using my Jeep in their display; I'll be installing it today. I'll post photos after I install it.

Old 05-07-2018, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The rack is next on my list. The hi-lift mount is getting some revisions as my base piece is all bent out of shape with the 60" jack. MorRyde's customer service is taking care of me and shipping it out and addressing my concerns.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Installed the Overland Rack today. This is a preproduction one for testing, but very nearly production ready.

The following 2 users liked this post by jscherb:
FarFromStock (05-07-2018), ShawnInPaso (05-09-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, I like what I see.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:23 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm prototyping hood hinges to match the tailgate hinges and HD door hinges. I've got a bunch of extra HD door hinges from MORryde here so I'm going to use them and I'm making the body side of the hinges to match the factory hood hinges.

In this photo a pair of the HD door hinges are sitting on top of the factory hinges just to show what they will look like.

The HD door hinges are designed for easy installation/removal of accessories, like the side steps, or the HiLift carrier in this photo:

The same HiLift carrier bolts right in place on the hood hinges:

What's nice about installing accessories on these hinges is that they can be installed/removed without removing the screws that hold the hinges to the doors (or hood), so it's very easy to put the accessories on only when you need them and take them off when you're done with them; for example I run the side steps only when I've got the roof rack on top, which is very part time.

The factory hinges have riveted hinge pins so they're not removable like the door hinges are. Since I'm adapting the door hinges for use on the hood, these can be removable - remove the hinge pin nuts and the hood can be slid off just like the doors. Or, I could make left and a right so they can't be removed without unbolting the hinge base just like removing the factory hinges.

I cut out the hinge base parts but I won't get time to assemble them until I get back from my Arizona trip.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the hood hinges. Much betterer idea then the other mount solutions to me. Mounts would quick change without messing with the hinges.

Maybe a relocate kit for the washer sprayers so different things could mount up there without getting in the way. Rubicans, small basket for small items, chairs, fishing rods, etc.

Quick Reply: Budget tailgate fix ordered. Mor/Ryde hinges and MBRP re-inforcment.