Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not using Evo Coilover Rockstar Brackets on D60?

Old 09-15-2018, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not using Evo Coilover Rockstar Brackets on D60?

So I just took delivery of some fusion 4 x 4 king pin Dana 60 and rear 60 axles. I have a Evo coil over suspension front and rear, and it looks like the rear coil overs fit within the existing “stuck” brackets.

I did order new evil rockstar brackets for the Dynatrac 60, but it looks like they bolted up with no binding without removing the stock JK bracketry.

does anybody see any issue with not using the D 60 rockstar skids in shock mounts? I simply see this keeping the coil over for 100% compression.... which while running 40s the bump stop needs to be adjusted anyway and the fender shaved, while still providing full extension.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:56 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

If the shocks fit with no clearance issues and your travel is where you want it why would you run the rock star skids? Not running them also should give you more up travel which is a good thing since the EVO kits are poorly designed that they run 25/75 up down ratio and tend to constantly bottom out on any mild speed rough terrain unless you are jack the height way up to 6"+.

Quick Reply: Not using Evo Coilover Rockstar Brackets on D60?