Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bump stops..thoughts, opinions, experiences on hydraulic

Old 01-20-2015, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bump stops..thoughts, opinions, experiences on hydraulic

At a point where i'm ready to buy some bump stops for my 2008 JKU. This is my daily driver and weekend wheeler. Mostly mud and hitting the old logging roads here in oregon so more into speed than rock crawling. Anyone have any experience with specific brands..feedback. King, fox, teraflex speed bumps etc..

Set up with Rock Krawler 3.5 X-Factor Lift, Bilstein shocks, General Grabber 37's. (will convert to coil-overs eventually)

Thanks for any input...
Old 01-20-2015, 01:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive seen everyone out here run all you mentioned as well as foa. I have yet to see any teraflex ones but im sure people are running them on here. Imo for my use im going foa on the cheap side unless i can get a steal on ballistic fabs bumps. They are tunable via psi so comes down to price point for me. All of these have been used in the hammers and im nowhere near that level so why pay more. Im sure some will say king is better quality and to an extent that MAY be true, but on your use i dont see needing top notch unless its in your budget.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Maertz
Ive seen everyone out here run all you mentioned as well as foa. I have yet to see any teraflex ones but im sure people are running them on here. Imo for my use im going foa on the cheap side unless i can get a steal on ballistic fabs bumps. They are tunable via psi so comes down to price point for me. All of these have been used in the hammers and im nowhere near that level so why pay more. Im sure some will say king is better quality and to an extent that MAY be true, but on your use i dont see needing top notch unless its in your budget.
Yeah thats kind of my thought too...my budget will allow me to buy any of them but im also not into wasting where i dont need to and my use doesnt need the best. I do like the way the kings mount in the front however
Old 01-20-2015, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used to run teraflex speed bumps, no complaints.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I run teraflex speed bumps and love them. I put o-rings on the shafts of them to check how much travel I get out of them when I go wheeling and I max them out every time and not once do I actually feel like the jeeps bottoms out. For the price and low maintenance factor I rate them highly. Hydraulic bump stop work differently and have a different feel as well, I would think for what you are doing the teraflex speed bumps will work great
Old 01-21-2015, 06:18 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

There is not much to hydraulic bump stops, a piston and a valve to adjust pressure. They all work the same. You may want to compare mounts as they tend to be different depending on manufacturer. I would not waste the money on Teraflex speed bumps. Just a foam bump stop in an aluminum can to make it look pretty, no adjustability.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
There is not much to hydraulic bump stops, a piston and a valve to adjust pressure. They all work the same. You may want to compare mounts as they tend to be different depending on manufacturer. I would not waste the money on Teraflex speed bumps. Just a foam bump stop in an aluminum can to make it look pretty, no adjustability.
Thats kind of what im thinking...how they mount. The fox bump stops are just the stops themselves and nothing else so you either fab something or buy a weld on holder which really isnt a big deal but leaning towards king because i like how they mount in the upper hat.

Quick Reply: Bump stops..thoughts, opinions, experiences on hydraulic