Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumpers, Bumpers, Bumpers,

Old 07-10-2014, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out OR FAB.

I got mine off Amazon for a great price, made in America and really solid.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JcrOffroad, Inc. Vanguard Full Width Front Winch Bumper - JK Wrangler
That picture was the older design, they recently updated a lot of their bumpers.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 07-11-2014, 04:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by espi
Check out OR FAB.

I got mine off Amazon for a great price, made in America and really solid.
And they rust really quickly. I just got rid of my OR-FAB bumpers that were less than a year old. They started rusting after two weeks of them being on my Jeep, mostly at the welds - which means they weren't cleaned/prepped properly before powder coating. I've seen this on a number of other vehicles as well.

I don't expect my powder coat to last forever, especially since I wheel on some light rocks, but to fail within weeks before I even had a chance to take them off road is unacceptable.

Yes, you can get them really cheap, but the cost of having them stripped and powder coated the right way just isn't worth it, IMHO.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JE8154
JcrOffroad, Inc. Vanguard Full Width Front Winch Bumper - JK Wrangler
That picture was the older design, they recently updated a lot of their bumpers.
Call JCR and talk to them. They might have a line on one of the old designs. You never know. They are such nice guys to deal with, no BS.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
And they rust really quickly. I just got rid of my OR-FAB bumpers that were less than a year old. They started rusting after two weeks of them being on my Jeep, mostly at the welds - which means they weren't cleaned/prepped properly before powder coating. I've seen this on a number of other vehicles as well.

I don't expect my powder coat to last forever, especially since I wheel on some light rocks, but to fail within weeks before I even had a chance to take them off road is unacceptable.

Yes, you can get them really cheap, but the cost of having them stripped and powder coated the right way just isn't worth it, IMHO.

That is interesting, my bumper does not have any rusted welds and I am in the snow belt and we had tons of salt this year. It has been on for over 6 months now. Maybe they had an issue with the powder coater, I know JCR was having some issues where the powder coaters forgot to remove some tape causing issues with the rear tire carrier.

I still think that Or Fab makes a good product for the cost. The fitment was excellent, I did not have to enlarge any holes or drill any new ones and it fit my zeon winch as well.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gman*2007
Check out LoD's website.

Yep. I have the Full-Width Signature LoD and it's great. Very well made and look awesome.

Now I'm planning to get their rear bumper, also full-width.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

I have a fab fours stubby bumper. It is made really well and has held up to some abuse
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-55820304.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	564652  
Old 07-11-2014, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
this post is not helping anyone!

Last edited by Pats fan; 07-11-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

For a full width I would suggest the ARB Deluxe. Uses factory fog lights, full width, has a bull bar, fits the lines and fills the gap between the stock fenders and the bumper the best I have seen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jumpinpound Mountain-91.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	564695

Quick Reply: Bumpers, Bumpers, Bumpers,