Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying wheels and tires online - your experience?

Old 08-23-2017, 10:00 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I have had great luck with Discount tire, 4wd.com and Treaddepot. I have found the opposite as some I have found tires very fresh as they move such large volumes. Also tires that I have purchased have all been newer popular models ie KO2's, AT3's AT2's R/T etc. I suppose if buying a tire that has been on the market for a while it is possible to get old stock.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've bought just tires and tires mounted and balanced with tpi sensors through tirerack.com and had great experiences both times.....once shipped to US....and once shipped through APO to Germany while stationed there in the Army......I will probably go with another on line company for my next set of Jeep tires....
Old 08-23-2017, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another option...I bought (5) wheels and tires through Anthem Offroad. They only sell their wheels but will package with any tire. Received in 5 days ...balanced and ready to go complete with TPMS and locking lug nut set. They were great to deal with.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone - it sounds like buying on-line can be a good way to go. I was actually able to get what I wanted quick enough locally.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Discount Tire
Typical lead time is 2-3 business days to your door through Discount Tire Direct, assuming the tires and wheels you want are available through the nearest distribution center. DTD also mounts, RF balances and ships all tire and wheel packages at no additional cost. I'll also point out the DTD gives all JKF members $50.00 OFF their total instantly with the purchase of 5 tires!!
Dang it! I just bought 5 37" cooper stt pros 2 weeks ago - didn't know about this deal. I will say it was a super easy experience. Talked to a guy at DTD on Saturday - they were sitting on my porch when I got home Wednesday. I run beadlocks so I gotta mount them myself anyways
Old 08-23-2017, 10:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I usually buy online from either: Discount Tire Direct, Tire Crawler, or Tire Rack depending on who has the best price. Most tire shops don't charge much for mounting/balancing/installing depending on the wheel and tire size.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bought my wheels and tires from Northridge4x4, they were willing to work with me on matching prices i found on amazon. Got my wheels and tires in like 4 business days. Highly recommended, give them a call and see if they will work with you. Good Luck
Old 08-24-2017, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have purchased 2 sets online mounted and balanced. No problems at all. I even had to return 2 of a staggered set (for my 67 mustang). Due to my configuration I needed a slightly narrower front tire. They offered to pay half the cost of return shipping and sent me out another set at no cost.

Edit to add: This was from Discount Tire.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Didn't see where it was mentioned, but don't forget that Discount Tire also price matches. Found an online site selling some MT Baja MTZ P3s for $75 less a tire and they honored that price minus the cost of mount balance and disposal. Had them in and on my Jeep in 3 days and I saved $300 and some change.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bought wheels and tires from discount tire online
5 years ago and this time around my
Local discount tire matched the price on a set
Of 5 tires. Both good experiences, no complaints with discount tire online or locally.

Quick Reply: Buying wheels and tires online - your experience?