Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto trail grapplers ???

Old 07-18-2012, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitto trail grapplers ???

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how the nitto trail grapplers are compared to the Goodyear duratracks m/t and the Toyo m/t ?
i think im leaning towards the Nittos !!! any objections or better selections out there ???
Old 07-18-2012, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WESTHAMIRONS
Just wondering if anyone can tell me how the nitto trail grapplers are compared to the Goodyear duratracks m/t and the Toyo m/t ?
i think im leaning towards the Nittos !!! any objections or better selections out there ???
I have 35's, and to me they are a super heavy tire. I don't even know the weight specs, but they are nothing special. They look good, but that's about it in my opinion.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

are they heavier than the toyos ? everyone said thats the heaviest of the 3 and the goodyears i should just stay away from !!!! i just dont want problems down the road so to say .
Old 07-18-2012, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best mt out there imho is the km2. Good on road great off. A little narrower than the nitto or toyo and a lot lighter. Better tread life too. Off road they are all very similar, except the duratrac. Its an A/T tire. Only problem i have with bfg is the size specs are small in the larger sizes.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

the goodyear duratracs are not M/Ts, they are A/Ts. its going to have better road manners, be more quiet, and be A LOT less heavy than the trail grapplers. i have enjoyed my duratracs for on road, but the type of offroading i do they just dont cut it, so i have a set of trail grapplers sitting in my garage waiting on new wheels.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Toyo's and I really liked them they lasted me over 60,000 miles before I sold my truck. I have the Nitto's and I really like them they have performed really well offroad. On road they are fairly quiet and well mannered, all in all I am quite pleased with the both sets of tires. I don't think you could go wrong picking either the Toyos or Nittos.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Former Member

An unbiased opinion from my personal experiences since we sell all the mentioned tires in this thread. Yes, the Nitto is a heavier tire than others, but it is also the best on road/off road tire made today. They balance out very easily, have excellent tread life, do well on the street, shine in the rocks, clear out mud with a little wheel spin and have *the* toughest sidewalls of any radial tire available today on the market. That's why they are as heavy as they are. The KM2 is a good tire, but I have seen too many sliced sidewalls to ever trust it on a trail (and personally have had a sliced BFG as well). Goodyear Kevlars are not the easiest to balance and lots of people have issues with them, YMMV. Duratracs are pretty decent and I like them, but not aggressive enough for serious offroad use. Toyos are good as well. None to the level of the Nitto though in both on and off road performance.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Trail Grappler's and couldn't be happier. I like them much better than the BFG Mud Terrain I had on the Jeep when I bought it. They balanced well, not too loud when driving on the road and performed great out on the beach and our recent trip to Rausch Creek. I was a big fan of Dick Cepeck FC II since most of my off roading is on the beach but the Nitto's are much better so far.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

I had 3 sets of Trail Grapplers M/T and now running Toyo M/T...I prefer the Toyos...they seem to have less grind when stopping and starting at low speeds
Old 07-18-2012, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with Trail Grapplers. My Terra Grapplers have done very well, with more than half tread left at 50K on a Tacoma. So I tried Trail Grapplers and they have been really nice on / off road. I am not well versed in the other tires, but my research turned me onto Firestone Destination M/T and Terra Grapplers, and I got a great deal on the TGs, so I went with it.

JG

Quick Reply: Nitto trail grapplers ???