Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Control arm question

Old 03-17-2009, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control arm question

I know this has been answered before but i cannot find the thread anywhere. What length do i set front lowers to? to start out with? if i have 3 inches of lift and a 2 door is it 23? Thanks
Old 03-17-2009, 04:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think 23 is recommended by most, although I did the unequal lengths to compensate for the JK wanted to pull right like teraflex suggests.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Super Freak

When in doubt, go to a good alignment tech who knows jeeps. Get your caster between 4-5 degrees where you have no driveline vibes and you are good to go. You will most likely end up with 23" eye to eye anyways.

Good luck
Old 03-17-2009, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rob4607
I did 23" center to center eye and it drives and tracks perfectly now and I measured the degree angle with the same johnson pendilum angle finder used by wol and it is dead on 7 degrees. I originally did 22 and 7/8"s and it was better than the stock arms but still a little flighty and the track was all over, 23 and it is GREAT!
I too had my jeep at 7 degrees of caster when I was at 3" of lift. Drove great, but I had driveline vibes at 60mph

Now I'm 5" of lift and so far the census is 3-3.5 of caster. I hate those driveline vibes. We shall see this weekend how things work out.

Quick Reply: Control arm question