Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto Exo Grapplers

Old 08-09-2017, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitto Exo Grapplers

I am in need of getting new tires. I have Nitto Terra now. They came on the jeep when i bought it. Time for some new tires. I am from WI so tires need to be somewhat good in snow and ice. I was looking at a few tires Goodyear Duratrac, Exo Grapplers, or even go to the Trail grapplers. If anyone has reviews on either ones that be great. I figure the trails may not be that good as they are MT's but i love the aggressive tread pattern. I will be getting 12.5 this time. The previous owner put 325 on and it's just a little to wide for me. I'm leaning towards the Exo's but not set in stone.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:32 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

I love my Nitto Trail Grapplers, but you're right....everything I see about people having to deal with winter conditions says those are less than ideal. Outside of an occasional ice storm here in the metroplex, we don't have to deal with that junk. Maybe add the Ridge Grappler to the list of candidates to consider as a nice hybrid.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I highly recommend the Ridge Grapplers. These are the all around best tires I have ever owned. They ride great and are very smooth and quiet, yet surprisingly good off road. I have owned the Trail Grapplers as well, and these definitely fit your needs better. They are also great in the rain, and did very well in the limited snow we got here last year. I am running them in a 37" on beadlocks, and have never even balanced them. They are smooth even at 80 mph.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I can't help much with which tire for snow, but 325 width tire is 12.79" wide on paper. That's very close to 12.5" wide. Just an FYI
Old 08-12-2017, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will add another vote for the new Ridge Grapplers. I wore out my Trail Grapplers and loved them, but when they came out with the Ridge Grapplers I decided to give them a try. Honestly I can't tell the difference in off road performance between the two. I have not had them in the snow yet but in the mud I have gone everywhere with them I did with Trail Grapplers and I really can't tell the difference. They are good on road as well. I also get a little better gas mileage so that is a plus as well.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second the Ridge Grapplers... they work well in rocks, sand, mud and snow (NC snow... 1 - 4 inches), not sure about the deep stuff. I'm running 37's and they're quiet, balance and wear well... Good luck with your decision.

Quick Reply: Nitto Exo Grapplers