Changing gears in 2010 JK Sport - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing gears in 2010 JK Sport

Old 08-09-2017, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Default Changing gears in 2010 JK Sport

I have 2010 JK Sport 6 speed with a 3 1/2 inch lift running 35 inch tires...I am torn on a couple of things that I want done...First is new gears, I have been told 4.56 and 4.88...And I am interested in putting a locker on when the gears get swapped...Funds right now only allow for a differential locker of some sort...This is my daily driver as well as off road...I don't like to get too crazy with it off road, nothing extreme, a few rocky slopes, water crossings and average hill climbs are what's in my area...Any opinions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:55 AM
JK Junkie

There are gearing charts available to best help you select a great ratio. Based on your current tire size, 4.56 would be a good choice. If you plan to go to 37's then go with 4.88.

TrueTracs would likely be a good choice for your use. They're invisible when you don't need them and visible when you want them.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply: Changing gears in 2010 JK Sport

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: