Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chasing down a mild squeal/whine

Old 10-25-2016, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sometimes it's easy! I'd think it's safe to say most jeep people have suffered from over-analyze syndrome at one time or another
Old 10-25-2016, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anouther squeal to figure out.

My 2012 JKU has a weird squeal coming from the dash when i break hard, and a few times when backing out of driveway(holding the break to keep from hitting some poor Taco. Lol) It doesnt do it all the time just randomly when breaking.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You've already diagnosed your problem. Front brakes. Check your pads and rotors.

Originally Posted by Patton
My 2012 JKU has a weird squeal coming from the dash when i break hard, and a few times when backing out of driveway(holding the break to keep from hitting some poor Taco. Lol) It doesnt do it all the time just randomly when breaking.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ihad allready elimitated all mechanical issues. The squeal is comming from the dash right behind the steering. It is some kind of eletrical feed back. Just not sure whats causing it.

Quick Reply: Chasing down a mild squeal/whine