Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil Lift + Towing - experiences?

Old 08-14-2008, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Coil Lift + Towing - experiences?

Anybody running a coil lift and towing, particularly with 4dr. Have Sahara with 4.10 tow package and plan on adding a 3" coil lift and 33s. Don't want it to ride like a bulldog.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tow with 35s an 4 inch lift, I have to say the jk is not the greatest towing vehicle, I don't think having a lift would make better or worst. the height affects you as you get more wind resistance, but thats the only problem. everything else stays the same , lift or no lift don't expect to go that fast, also your mpg drops a lot.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the setup you are asking about 07 JK Unlimited 3 inch lift and 33's

We towed a trailer to Camp JEEP 07 From Pa to Virginia no problems. just keep te towing basics in mind especially with oversized tires. braking distance DRAMATICALLY INCREASES. 33 is not much bigger than stock Rubi tires but they are bigger. More rolling mass = more momemtum = more braking required to stop. now add a trailer and all its weight and it takes a lot longer to stop. just use common sense and watch your speeds. I had no problems at all and the trailer weighed about 3000 pounds after it was fully loaded with 5 days of camping supplies for 5 people.

07 JK Unlimited
33x11.5x16
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Warrior Products Tube Doors
Mopar Off Road Rear Bumper
Oil Pan Tranny Skid Plate by SkidRow
Custom Front Winch Bumper by RoundStar OffRoad
Skyjacker Adjustable Rear Track Bar
Skyjacker Brake Line Extenders
Rock Krawler Adjustable Front Lower Control Arms
And Plenty of "CHARACTER" From rocks and Trees
Old 08-14-2008, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see my sig for set up, just about the same as you. I tow a 2700 lb travel trailer, slow up grades and it doesn't win any races but does fine.

Quick Reply: Coil Lift + Towing - experiences?