JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Control Arms for OME 4in lift? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/control-arms-ome-4in-lift-336397/)

G_ManNH 08-23-2016 09:50 AM

Control Arms for OME 4in lift?

I'm considering the Old Man Emu 4in lift for my 2011 JKU, but I'm not a fan of the "Castor Corrrection" insert that requires you to grind out the control arm mounts. That said, I'll most likely be getting adjustable control arms to us instead of the castor correctors. Any one tried to run this setup or have any suggestions for control arms? I'm a fan of the Metal Cloak control arms, but the price is a bit much for me, so thinking Teraflex as a "Budget Friendly" purchase.

Just looking for some opinions.

elias4wd 08-23-2016 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by G_ManNH (Post 4240700)
I'm considering the Old Man Emu 4in lift for my 2011 JKU, but I'm not a fan of the "Castor Corrrection" insert that requires you to grind out the control arm mounts. That said, I'll most likely be getting adjustable control arms to us instead of the castor correctors. Any one tried to run this setup or have any suggestions for control arms? I'm a fan of the Metal Cloak control arms, but the price is a bit much for me, so thinking Teraflex as a "Budget Friendly" purchase.

Just looking for some opinions.

Hey G_Man. Welcome to the forum. I see you are in NH. Not sure if you are familiar with Elias 4wd Center but we would certainly like to help you out. Elias 4wd is located in Townsend, MA, just shy of the NH border.

As far as the Geo Correction brackets you speak of, I'm not sure that I recall grinding out any control arm mounts. If you are planning on wheeling your JKU then adjustable control arms may be the way to go. We typically try to stock multiple brands of control arms.

Shoot me a pm and let me know what you are looking for, can happily work up a price for you.

TheDirtman 08-23-2016 06:14 PM

I belive OME uses cam bolts for caster adjustment.

GunDude 08-24-2016 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by elias4wd (Post 4240722)
Hey G_Man. Welcome to the forum. I see you are in NH. Not sure if you are familiar with Elias 4wd Center but we would certainly like to help you out. Elias 4wd is located in Townsend, MA, just shy of the NH border. As far as the Geo Correction brackets you speak of, I'm not sure that I recall grinding out any control arm mounts. If you are planning on wheeling your JKU then adjustable control arms may be the way to go. We typically try to stock multiple brands of control arms. Shoot me a pm and let me know what you are looking for, can happily work up a price for you.

I used Rusty's Off road controls arms with my OME lift. You can get flex or stock type rubber joints. I payed under $250 shipped, think