JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Cooper STT's vs. Toyo Open County MTR's (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/cooper-stts-vs-toyo-open-county-mtrs-2288/)

JKMAN 01-21-2007 08:42 AM

Cooper STT's vs. Toyo Open County MTR's

Anyone have any opinions on this? Would really like some from someone who has run both.

I'm likely going with the Coopers, in stock, less money, and the shop highly reccomends them and said I could run them for a a couple days and if i don't like em they would take em back, hard to beat that, but I really still like the Toyos as well...

clubber 01-21-2007 09:28 AM

No opinions on those tires, never ran them. But, thats a good tire shop to let you test drive them.I want the tire shop near me to buy my stock rubi tires ( with 15 miles on them, from the dealer to the tire shop ) and i'll buy bigger bfg's. But he's wining that he'll have to sell the stock one's as used . Go frgure !! Sorry to take over the thread , but had to VENT....

Rubimon 01-21-2007 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by clubber (Post 20626)
No opinions on those tires, never ran them. But, thats a good tire shop to let you test drive them.I want the tire shop near me to buy my stock rubi tires ( with 15 miles on them, from the dealer to the tire shop ) and i'll buy bigger bfg's. But he's wining that he'll have to sell the stock one's as used . Go frgure !! Sorry to take over the thread , but had to VENT....

Just sell them here. You will get more than the tire guy can give you. Someone in your area will buy 'em.

Never drove the Coopers but love my Toyos!

JKMAN 01-21-2007 04:33 PM

Thanks all for the input, I've looked at the BF'G's MT's as well, ran the Goodyear MTR's on my previous XJ, looked at the Kumhos, and the Hankook's look pretty good for the money. A buddy of mine would linch me if I don't get american, Toyo, is bad enough, let alone Kumho or Hankook, though they look pretty good for the money. Think I'm going to give the Coopers a shot and see how they ride, they are american after all and gotta support the good ol' US.

Would still like input from anyone who was ran the Coop STT's and Toyo MT's though...

woolf 01-21-2007 06:20 PM

Those coopers look nice, but for the money I think you have a lot of more proven options.

dhoffroad 01-21-2007 06:47 PM

well, while I like the look of the Coopers I cannot recomend them. we have had a couple problems with them staying in "ballance", and I have heard the same from other shops. it is'nt every tire but it sems once in a while they get a bad batch out... now the Toyos on the other hand we've never had a problem with them ...BTW I'm going to be running Toyos....

Rubimon 01-21-2007 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by dhoffroad (Post 20810)
well, while I like the look of the Coopers I cannot recomend them. we have had a couple problems with them staying in "ballance", and I have heard the same from other shops. it is'nt every tire but it sems once in a while they get a bad batch out... now the Toyos on the other hand we've never had a problem with them ...BTW I'm going to be running Toyos....

And after tomorrow you'll have something to put them on! Are you gonna sleep tonight?:D

dhoffroad 01-21-2007 07:30 PM

probably not....

but my 35's I have sitting in the shop won't fit till the RE lift shows up...(hopefully withen the week)

AndrewZ 01-22-2007 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Rubimon (Post 20638)
Just sell them here. You will get more than the tire guy can give you. Someone in your area will buy 'em.

Never drove the Coopers but love my Toyos!

Where did you order your Toyo's from..
I am thinking of getting some and want to get a good deal..Can't fing a tire dealer that has them on the internet..Maybe I am just loking in the wrong places..

Rubimon 01-22-2007 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by AndrewZ (Post 20943)
Where did you order your Toyo's from..
I am thinking of getting some and want to get a good deal..Can't fing a tire dealer that has them on the internet..Maybe I am just loking in the wrong places..

My local tire dealer didn't stock them but got them in a day. I paid $290 each and that was out the door, tax, mounting, balancing, everything. The guy even threw in a set of wheel locks. Great tire shop though, not even sure Costco can beat them.

Here is one online that sells them. You can read some reviews here too!
http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?ti...+Country+M%2FT