JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   could someone please explain (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/could-someone-please-explain-214508/)

River Runner 01-19-2012 02:22 AM

could someone please explain

rock krawler 3.5 mid arms with extended rk brakelines (stainless) havent been offroad since lift 5000 miles or so. Wife was driving today and brake light came on, after a quick inspect STAINLESS line has a hole in it (had rubber hose around brake line just in case rubbing occcured) NO RUBBING no where but there is a pin hole in the line. How does this happen???? Its not the fact that it has a hole in it that pisses me off its the fact the i have to bleed the brakes. OH and wouldnt you know the lines only have a 90 day warranty

OoPEZoO 01-19-2012 03:09 AM

If there is no wear marks on the brake line, then I would say you have a bum part. Shit happens. I would call RK and see if they will make it right. If there is no other damage to the line, then I can't imagine them turning you away.

River Runner 01-19-2012 02:27 PM

well i inspected this morn when i got home, it is a pin hole for sure, looking at line while someone pumped the brakes it is leaking, the only thing that comes to mind is the liner ruptured. its all good got new one on the way

CerOf 01-19-2012 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by River Runner
well i inspected this morn when i got home, it is a pin hole for sure, looking at line while someone pumped the brakes it is leaking, the only thing that comes to mind is the liner ruptured. its all good got new one on the way

Riiiiiiight. We know you just upped her life insurance. j/k

I'm sure they'll do right and replace. VERY important to bring it up to them ASAP; hopefully it is isolated and not a bad batch.

dinojeep 01-19-2012 07:40 PM

Post a picture

River Runner 01-20-2012 03:20 PM

if i was to post a pic you couldnt see ANYTHING, looks normal until you pump the brakes, FYI they are crown brake lines and just for crowns reputation i will be sending that one back to them to test and maybe this will not happen to anyone else. I will not even bother asking for a replacement, i have used crown lines on at least 4 motorcycles and 2 vehicles with NO problems, i believe it is a case of shit happens, however i will ask for a t-shirt and sticker for having to go through the trouble of changing and bleeding

CDN-JK 01-20-2012 03:31 PM

I have the same lift and I was gonna say when I installed mine, the brake lines were Crown. I'm sure if you ask RK they will make it right, they are top notch and have great cx service.

dinojeep 01-25-2012 09:38 PM

You talk to RK about this?

River Runner 01-26-2012 01:15 AM

they only warranty the lines 90 days from purchase... i dont have time to hear the bullshit, i have been working 85 to 96 hours a week for 3 weeks i would probably go the F*^k off if they told me some crazy shit, i just bought 2 new ones from claytons ( im not to worried about it, they are crown lines too), if one of you guys wants it i would ship it on yopur dime lol