Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crash system killer?!? AIRBAG override

Old 03-11-2014, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crash system killer?!? AIRBAG override

I was reading the newbie posts "yeah so what"!! and I got to thinking. Accelerometers and other sensitive electronics trigger airbags in the JKs. I did that mod that that overrides role stability control along with traction control, and abs. For all that don't know its the only way on the 2012 and up to be able to shut it fully off. Its commonly reffered to as the "ESP Kill Switch" and the write up can be viewed here. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...riteup-260247/

So my question Is my ESP Kill switch also disabling the airbags?? Some food for thought when your sliding around at 40MPH should you bump into something??
Old 03-11-2014, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LAFMO
I was reading the newbie posts "yeah so what"!! and I got to thinking. Accelerometers and other sensitive electronics trigger airbags in the JKs. I did that mod that that overrides role stability control along with traction control, and abs. For all that don't know its the only way on the 2012 and up to be able to shut it fully off. Its commonly reffered to as the "ESP Kill Switch" and the write up can be viewed here. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...riteup-260247/

So my question Is my ESP Kill switch also disabling the airbags?? Some food for thought when your sliding around at 40MPH should you bump into something??
I have the kill switch. But thought the airbag is wired by a seperate wire system?
Old 03-12-2014, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

Hope so
Old 03-12-2014, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

Were there any big yellow wires? I think airbag wiring is always big and yellow. I think there's an airbag light that comes on if they're broken.

Last edited by steel pirate; 03-12-2014 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steel pirate
Were there any big yellow wires? I think airbag wiring is always big and yellow.
I think my speculation would be if the air bag wire was cut or turned off the air bag idiot light would come on. The esp wire is one of like 10 wires in a bundle

Quick Reply: Crash system killer?!? AIRBAG override