Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temperture knobs

Old 07-18-2018, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Temperture knobs

So, I promise that I'm really asking for a friend LOL

She has a 2010 JKU and the temperature control knobs are hot to the touch.. Not a clue why. I've never heard of this before.
Anyone have an idea of what it might be?

Thank you
Old 07-18-2018, 02:28 PM
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Kayla.07
So, I promise that I'm really asking for a friend LOL

She has a 2010 JKU and the temperature control knobs are hot to the touch.. Not a clue why. I've never heard of this before.
Anyone have an idea of what it might be?

Thank you
What was the ambient temperature at the time? Was she using the heater or A/C when this was happening (hot/cold low/hi?)? Are they always too hot to touch or was it a one time thing?

The answers to these questions might help us narrow down what's going on.

-Kyle @rebeloffroad
Old 07-19-2018, 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REBEL OFF ROAD
What was the ambient temperature at the time? Was she using the heater or A/C when this was happening (hot/cold low/hi?)? Are they always too hot to touch or was it a one time thing?

The answers to these questions might help us narrow down what's going on.

-Kyle @rebeloffroad
She was using the A/C on hi, it was around 80 outside. This was the first time that they've been hot to the touch.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:56 AM
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Kayla.07
She was using the A/C on hi, it was around 80 outside. This was the first time that they've been hot to the touch.
Two things come to mind. If she had just gotten in the jeep after it sitting in the sun, the knobs would be hot; also perhaps the sun was at the right angle to come through the window and heat up the knobs even though the A/C was blowing. The only other cause I can think of, and this is a stretch, is a bad ground somewhere in the circuit, causing resistance and heat build up behind the HVAC controls.
-Kyle @rebeloffroad
Old 07-19-2018, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Those knobs just sit on a circuit board. There's a single plug at the back. If the above isn't what you think, then pull the dash and inspect that part.

Quick Reply: Temperture knobs