Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Currie Tow Bar Mounting Plate

Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See pic. Didnt attach first time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130104_105903.jpg
Views:	765
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	405468  
Old 01-04-2013, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wests
Any modification required? Did the front of the plate bolt to bumper or existing framing of stock bumper/frame?

I'm trying to find a full width. I like the look of the aev premium, full width warn and the rugged ridge xhd with storage and caps.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Here's my Currie Rock Jock #CE-9033JK tow bar mounting plate installed on my 2013 JKUR. Had to cut/grind a little on the lower front bumper part that hangs down, other than that, installs fast & is a very well built part. Set this up for use with my Blue Ox Alladdin #BX4325 tow bar, the Rock Jock mounting plates fit perfectly with the Blue Ox tow bar.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone running this with a Rugged Ridge bumper on an 07-09?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wests
Do you have any more pics of that mounted? Maybe some from both sides and from underneath? I think this is what I need, thanks!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cpthulk
Anyone running this base plate for towing, Currie Jeep 4x4 Off-Road Parts / Accessories - Wrangler JK,TJ,YJ,CJ,MJ - Axles, Brakes, Differentials, Rearends . It looks cool. I have a Blue Ox tow bar already. Just got the Jk and need a base plate for towing. This is alot cheaper than the blue ox base plates and looks better IMO. Any feed back would be great. Thanks
I ran this for a couple of months before getting my aftermarket bumper. It was GREAT, well made and just the right height for towing. I loved it - but it did would NOT fit the Smittybuilt bumper we put on. :-(

Alex
Old 08-21-2013, 03:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a new Currie skid plate / tow bar that I was going to use but it will not fir with an LOD shorty bumper.

The skid plate is well designed and well made. I'm disappointed that it will not work.

I think ASFIR aluminum slid plate will work with my LOD shorty bumper and offer good protection for the sway bar disconnect.

Now I have to figure out how to hook up a Blue Ox tow bar to the Jeep.

I would recommend the skid plate / tow bar for stock front bumpers....
Old 07-07-2014, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

I'm thinking about using the Currie RJ tow bar on my '14 JKUR. Do you have any updated comments on the setup or more photos? Thanks!!

Originally Posted by RubiCamp
Here's my Currie Rock Jock #CE-9033JK tow bar mounting plate installed on my 2013 JKUR. Had to cut/grind a little on the lower front bumper part that hangs down, other than that, installs fast & is a very well built part. Set this up for use with my Blue Ox Alladdin #BX4325 tow bar, the Rock Jock mounting plates fit perfectly with the Blue Ox tow bar.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

Default Currie Tow Plate

Did your tow plate come with the silver wire harness bracket already installed or did you have to install it yourself? If you did, how did you do it and does it affect the strength of the tow plate? I'm assuming you had to drill the hole out for it to fit. Thanks!

Originally Posted by RubiCamp

Old 07-20-2014, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Default Crrie tow plate

Did your tow plate come with the silver wire harness bracket already installed or did you have to install it yourself? If you did, how did you do it and does it affect the strength of the tow plate? I'm assuming you had to drill the hole out for it to fit. Thanks!

=Wests;3365110]See pic. Didnt attach first time.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Currie Tow Bar Mounting Plate