JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   D44 Replacement Axel recommendations (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/d44-replacement-axel-recommendations-340435/)

rlm8541 02-19-2017 12:05 AM

D44 Replacement Axel recommendations

Surely there is a post here regarding recommendations for replacement/upgrade D44 axels but i can't seem to find it.
So I'm looking to upgrade my D44 axels/sleeves since the 37" upgrade. Already completed the C Gussets,Ball joints. Now working on brakes and Axels..
So Im looking for some positive input. To save everyones time, Im not looking to hear what you don't recommend, just what you do recommend as well as where you recommend getting them.
Amazing how helpful this forum has been with the transformation.
Thanks in advance

Ryan0260 02-19-2017 09:14 AM

Are you talking about the axle shafts? It sounds like you are working on building your existing housing. How do you plan on using your Jeep? Dynatrac and Ten Factory make a good quality axle shaft that will be a huge upgrade for running 37's, or if you want the best you can go with the RCV's, which have a lifetime warranty.

As far as brakes, I would take a look at the Dynatrac ProGrip brake system, which gives a big upgrade in stopping power with bigger tires.

jedg 02-19-2017 10:06 AM

Yeah... I'm a bit confused like Ryan... if you're talking axle shafts, then what he said. I run Ten Factory... easy to install and no problems with them.

As Ryan also said, the ProGrips are a great option. I also run these and they made a HUGE difference in stopping.

jtphoto JK 02-20-2017 05:21 AM

Long term. RCVs all the way, things to consider are:
- better articulation
- No UJoint bind
- no UJoints to change

TenFactory or Carbon Offroad are an excellent cheaper alternative..

larry0071 02-20-2017 05:48 AM

RCV Shafts in the front and Ten Factory shafts in the rear.

Call Eric at North Ridge 4x4 and have the rear shafts pre-built with bearings/seals and tone rings so that they are a simple swap. Tell him your from the forum and he will shave a few bucks off for you.

Ajkaz 02-20-2017 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK (Post 4278596)
Long term. RCVs all the way, things to consider are:
- better articulation
- No UJoint bind
- no UJoints to change

TenFactory or Carbon Offroad are an excellent cheaper alternative..

I definitely agree on the RCVs not binding and not worrying about breaking/maintaining the U-joints is great. How do they improve articulation?

jtphoto JK 02-20-2017 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ajkaz (Post 4278627)
I definitely agree on the RCVs not binding and not worrying about breaking/maintaining the U-joints is great. How do they improve articulation?

Articulation meant in the same context as UJoint bind. You can turn the wheels farther to steering stop.

nthinuf 02-20-2017 11:23 AM

The rotor kits from Teraflex are a somewhat less expensive alternative to Dynatrac. If you are looking at upgraded calipers as well, both Teraflex and Mopar have front-only big brake kits. If you want to throw more money at it, Wilwood and Baer get mentioned on occasion. Or for less money, Power Slot rotors seem to have decent reviews.

There are plenty of brake threads giving opinions on the various options to browse through. Just read a few and see what fits your use/budget.

jtphoto JK 02-20-2017 12:40 PM

There is also the J8 big brakes and bigger bearings but the downside is the bigger bolt pattern.

Dynatrac 02-20-2017 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by rlm8541 (Post 4278376)
Surely there is a post here regarding recommendations for replacement/upgrade D44 axels but i can't seem to find it.
So I'm looking to upgrade my D44 axels/sleeves since the 37" upgrade. Already completed the C Gussets,Ball joints. Now working on brakes and Axels..
So Im looking for some positive input. To save everyones time, Im not looking to hear what you don't recommend, just what you do recommend as well as where you recommend getting them.
Amazing how helpful this forum has been with the transformation.
Thanks in advance

We've got our JK44 axleshaft upgrade that will give you the upgrade you're looking for: https://www.dynatrac.com/axleshaft-k...grade-kit.html

Give us a call at 714-421-4314 or email us at sales@dynatrac.com and we can go over everything and figure out exactly what combo of Dynatrac upgrades will suit your needs.