Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

daily driver lift/tire size

Old 11-14-2006, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha yea sounds like me i have 5 years to pay it off. but i should be grad. next semester so my income will more than triple :-) so hopfully i can pay it off sooner
Old 11-15-2006, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I have the same question, I want a little bit of lift, but still it is a daily driver, and will mostly be used for snow, etc. How are the 2" budget lifts, and as someone who has never put one on, how hard is it? Is that something you can get a warranty for if you have it put on by a 4x4 off road store/dealer.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default pics soon maybe monday and can report on how it rides...

My tires came in and my rims are here, picked up my jeep last night. it drives very nice and to be honest so nice on the highway I am praying I did not make a massive mistake modding but can't stand a jeep without some of my own mods. I know these Toyo MT's will not be as smooth but from my research they actually do OK on the highway and the tread look is unmatched in my opnion. i will mount everything up and get pics posted.... spacers are not being released till Nov 30th so it will not have those just yet. think i will be the first one running 295's = 33+'s with no lift so sure many people are curious if I will squeak by with no rubbing...... I am ready to shave the front bottom plastic guard if needed but thats really not a big deal.... stay tuned! pics to follow...

Originally Posted by ajburton13
Yeah I have the same question, I want a little bit of lift, but still it is a daily driver, and will mostly be used for snow, etc. How are the 2" budget lifts, and as someone who has never put one on, how hard is it? Is that something you can get a warranty for if you have it put on by a 4x4 off road store/dealer.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mickfluff
My tires came in and my rims are here, picked up my jeep last night. it drives very nice and to be honest so nice on the highway I am praying I did not make a massive mistake modding but can't stand a jeep without some of my own mods. I know these Toyo MT's will not be as smooth but from my research they actually do OK on the highway and the tread look is unmatched in my opnion. i will mount everything up and get pics posted.... spacers are not being released till Nov 30th so it will not have those just yet. think i will be the first one running 295's = 33+'s with no lift so sure many people are curious if I will squeak by with no rubbing...... I am ready to shave the front bottom plastic guard if needed but thats really not a big deal.... stay tuned! pics to follow...
Yes please post pics ASAP. I am looking at the same tires but thinking about the 315's too. Am curious to see how yours look. It is hard for me to spend all that money and only go up 1" in diameter. Although, the extra width will look nice, too!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Yes please post pics ASAP. I am looking at the same tires but thinking about the 315's too. Am curious to see how yours look. It is hard for me to spend all that money and only go up 1" in diameter. Although, the extra width will look nice, too!

x2 I want to see before I order.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mickfluff
...think i will be the first one running 295's = 33+'s with no lift so sure many people are curious if I will squeak by with no rubbing......
I'm about 99.9% sure that 295's is the width not the height. 295 is probably about 10" wide? 315 is about 12.9" wide... Oh wait I have a link.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgap..._offroad_2.jsp
Old 11-15-2006, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I could be wrong but......

Stock the sahara comes with tires that are actually a bit shy off 32's, called 32's but again in actuality a bit smaller, I think like 31.85.....the Toyo M/T's
295-70-r17's are actually a bit bigger then 33's by like .20 so like 33.20 so they are more then an inch bigger/taller more like 1.5 inches taller which is actually niticanly bigger plus 11.5 over stock I believe 10 so 1.5 wider. At least this is what I have researched..... once I complete the transformation with the spidertrax spacers I am hoping my tires and rim set up run fluch from the flare straight down, maybe a tad wider. Now to me the stock set up on any of the JK.s on any model the tire/rim set up seems to be tucked under.... the 1.5 spacers from spidertrax should take care of that nicely, or swap rims with a different offset. I went with stock Jeep OE tires from the commander as I like to keep things OE but still be different so here I am.... will have details Monday and hopefully pics to boot.... of the set up but with no spacers as they are not out till Nov 30th...if for some reason my new set up sits more flush with the flares i will not add spacers but don't see that happening....

Old 11-15-2006, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah it's width, so what do we think is the widest tire that can be put on the X? I am looking for a tire that comes out a bit from the fender. Any suggestions/pictures?
Old 11-15-2006, 01:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mickfluff, what is the backspacing on the Commander rims?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default this is what I found

Not sure how accurate, but based on this what do you think, how do you think the wheel will fit? More flush with the flares, more sunk in or won't fit until my spacers arrive?

17" x 7.5" 5x5" 5x127mm bolt pattern +43.8 and a 6.25 off set I believe, here is the data exact and these are the rims...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92702_800.htm

Mickfluff, what is the backspacing on the Commander rims?

Last edited by mickfluff; 11-15-2006 at 06:49 PM.

Quick Reply: daily driver lift/tire size